The Executive Director of Laboratory Operations is responsible for the administrative oversight of ACM’s laboratory operations in the United States as well as the support functions for the Medical Diagnostic business: Logistics, Patient Service Centers, Homebound Services, client Services, Problem Resolution and Specimen Processing. The Director provides leadership, planning and direction for these operations and functions, with responsibility for managing personnel, financial performance, and quality and compliance with regulatory agencies.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: ACM Global Laboratories
- Bachelors of Science required; Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a related discipline.
- Previous management experience required.
- Six Sigma/Lean experience preferred.
- Prior experience in a reference laboratory/outreach setting preferred
- MT (ASCP) or equivalent required
- Manages the financial performance of the U.S. laboratory departments and Medical Diagnostic support functions, including the development of annual budgets and interim financial forecasts.
- Manages relationships with key vendors; negotiates vendor contracts; researches and makes recommendations for new capital equipment and contracts for reagents and instrumentation.
- Provides direction, guidance, and leadership over the staff for effective teamwork and motivation, and fosters the integration of efforts with system-wide initiatives.
- Collaborates with the Medical Director and QA to ensure that department policies and procedures are compliant with relevant regulatory authorities and accrediting agencies.
- Monitors performance indicators for client and patient satisfaction; monitors workflow and turn-around times for laboratory tests and associated services; develops and drives initiatives to improve client and patient satisfaction.
Job ID REQ_87427