• Coordinate the team structure organized around the main functioning of the counseling center, comprised of professional psychologists, graduate student trainees, and administrative staff.
• Collaborate with the departments that make up the Office of Student Success to best serve students in their overall health and wellbeing.
• Develop collaborations within Student Affairs, Academic Affairs, and across campus to promote student health and wellness.
• Direct and oversee the overall operations of the counseling center, including supervision of staff, budget, training, and administrative functions.
• Liaise with Counseling Psychology to foster and maintain developmentally appropriate graduate training experiences for Chatham graduate psychology students within the center and in other campus agencies devoted to student health and wellness.
• Coordinate consultation, education, and outreach services to faculty, staff, and students on developmental, mental health and wellness, and harm-reduction issues.
• Develop and administer policies and procedures in keeping with current best-practices for college and university counseling centers.
• Coordinate the center’s emergency and crisis response procedures.
• Oversee faculty and student research efforts to promote scholarship, while at the same time protecting the privacy and welfare of the counseling center’s clientele.
• Supervise and support professional development opportunities for professional staff and graduate student trainees.
• Carry a teaching load of two courses per year in the Counseling Psychology program.
• Serve on doctoral dissertation committees.
• Doctoral degree in Counseling or Clinical Psychology.
• Licensed as a psychologist in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
• Minimum of five years’ experience as a licensed psychologist.
• Minimum of three years’ administrative experience, including supervisory and strategic planning responsibilities.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity.
Chatham University offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a generous retirement plan.
Interested candidates should visit www.chatham.edu/careers and follow the instructions to complete the application process. To ensure full consideration, please submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position, resume, and contact information for three professional references.