Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, the Executive Director of Total Rewards is responsible for directing the strategic planning, design, implementation, regulatory compliance, communication and administration of corporate-wide Total Rewards programs including compensation, benefits, Leaves/FML and Wellness. Supports and works with Company leadership to ensure that these programs support the company’s strategies, business objectives and talent acquisition and retention goals, while maximizing total compensation value and responsibly managing the Company’s investment in its human assets.
Establishes the vision, mission, goals, actions plans, and measurements required to ensure effective compensation and benefits programs. Ensures total reward programs are aligned with established company principles and objectives. Monitors market trends to ensure total rewards are competitive. Analyzes and reports on various components related to total reward issues, including advice and support to business leaders regarding interpreting policy and plans. Makes recommendations to leadership and HR regarding plans that require review due to operational issues or changes within business units. Maintains a working knowledge of legislation that may affect compensation, benefits and payroll policies/practices. Oversees compliance with legal requirements. All duties are to be performed with the guidelines of the Seneca Gaming Corporation’s policies and procedures, Internal Control Standards and objectives.
- Must be 18 years of age or older upon employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field is required; master’s degreepreferred; benefits, compensation and/or HR certifications (CEBS, CBP, CCP, etc.) desirable.
- Fifteen (15) years of professional experience with at least ten (10) years of progressive experience in the compensation and benefits discipline and five (5) years at the director or above level.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with federal and state regulations, including, but not limited to, FMLA, COBRA, ERISA, HIPAA, ADA, FLSA and standard filings required by the Department of Labor/IRS.
- Strong background in bonus plan design and administration.
- Prior experience designing and administering compensation and benefits plans/programs in the gaming and/or hospitality industry.
- Strong financial aptitude, business acumen and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills with ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization, both verbally and written.
- Proven experience influencing and consulting with senior business leaders on human capital strategies.
- Innovative and critical thinker.
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to develop and engage teams.
Language Skills and Reasoning Ability:
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Ability to write routine correspondence and to speak effectively to the public, employees and customers.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the customers and employees.
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud. When on the casino floor, the noise levels increase to loud. Must be able to work in an environment where smoking is permitted.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and move through all areas of the casino/hotel.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, employees, and members of the business community in all situations.
Job Number: req842