Executive Director of Ambulatory Operations - Specialty Services
Executive Director of Ambulatory Operations Job, the Ambulatory Services department, University of Chicago Medicine at main campus in Hyde Park, Chicago, IL
We're hiring an Executive Director of Ambulatory Operations for the Ambulatory Services department for a Full Time, Days shift with the University of Chicago Medicine at our main campus in Hyde Park, Chicago, IL. Note: This position will be supporting our Specialty Services business line.
Join one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic medical centers, University of Chicago Medicine, in an influential role as the Executive Director of Ambulatory Operations with our Ambulatory Services division at our main campus in Hyde Park. Here you’ll lead onsite management of multiple service lines including, but not limited to Orthopedics, Pain Management, Neurology, Ob/GYN, and Ophthalmology & Visual Science. Our employees deliver world-class care in an environment where opinions are respected, decision-making is rewarded and teamwork is the order of the day. Our staff is encouraged to achieve their career goals, which in turn benefits all of our patients and the University of Chicago Medicine as a whole.
The Executive Director participates in long-range strategic planning and short-range implementation to ensure sites are managed in a consistent manner that embraces the UCM’s patient-centered service and service excellence standards and utilizes efficient operational processes. In addition to providing operational oversight, this individual will be a key collaborator with the relevant departments and a thought leader in ambulatory quality and safety, coordination of care across the continuum, use of technological tools and solutions, metrics reporting, customer service, and process improvement.
Executive Director of Ambulatory Operations Education and Experience Requirements:
- A Master’s degree in healthcare related field such as Nursing, Healthcare Administration or an MBA is preferred.
- 7-10+ years of progressive leadership experience overseeing an ambulatory practice framework is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with physician leaders and in a highly matrix environment.
- Exceptional talent in the selection and mentoring of a high-quality, effective management team.
- Proven ability to lead change, organize teams, and delegate responsibility appropriately.
- Proven ability to use data to drive performance improvement.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using LEAN for performance improvement is desirable.
Why Join Us
We’ve been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We’re in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you’d like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we’re doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Job ID 2017-10883