$100K — $200K *
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern’s comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
The Executive Director of COVID Operations will be responsible for the efficient, compliant execution operations, and integration of all COVID Testing at Northeastern’s Boston campus and the Life Sciences Testing Center (LSTC) lab in Burlington. The Executive Director would oversee the enire continuum of procedures, analysis and reporting that flow from collection of samples, laboratory operations, and contact tracing. The four primary accountabilities focus on 1) Testing, where specimen collections will be performed in two sites on campus, 2) Contributions to and support of Northeastern Infectious Disease and Campus Health policies related to COVID-19 and based on up-to-date public health guidance, and 3) Life Sciences Testing Center lab operations and 4)Tracing and reporting, in partnership with Massachusetts Department of Public Health and the Boston Public Health Commission.
The Executive Director reports to the Chancellor and the Provost; the Executive Director would also have a dotted line reporting function to the CEO of the university entity that LSTC resides within - KRI, LLC - for purposes of ensuring integration of operations.
This is an X-month term positions with the possibility of renewal depending on funding and business need.
Responsibilities include three critical and connected pieces regarding Northeastern’s COVID-19 Specimen Collection, Testing, and Tracing program:
• Ultimate accountability for efficient, compliant operations of all testing (collection) sites, lab operations, coordination of outsourced labs including technology, reporting and contact tracing.
• Appropriate management of escalations from the testing, lab, reporting and tracing teams on issues and concerns requiring senior leadership championship and support (either proactively or reactively)
• Serves as point of contact to internal stakeholders invested in in testing outcomes including the academy, vendor relations, space planning & facilities. ITS, etc...
• Provide counsel on Northeastern policies, protocols and guidelines pertaining to COVID, inclusive of up-to-date public health guidance
• Ultimate accountability for appropriate training, credentialing and performance oversight of all operations
• Ultimate accountability for efficient, thorough and compliant specimen collection and tracing capabilities in alignment to MA Department of Public Health and the Boston Public Health Commission
• Serves as leadership point of contact to the Broad Institute for all lab integrations, escalation of issues and relationship management
• Oversee operations and quality-related activities for the Life Sciences Testing Center’s COVID operations, assure lab standards and all related regulatory expectations are met
• Oversee outsourced lab services including assurance of timely and coordinated operations, reporting and technology
• Prepares and disseminates status and metrics reports to senior leaders
• Master’s Degree or equivalent experience
• Experience in public health service programs regarding infectious diseases preferred
• Experience in setting vision and clear accountabilities for public health services preferred
• Demonstrated good judgment and decision-making capabilities
• Demonstrated experience and expertise in communicating status to senior leaders
• Effective, demonstrated communication skills in listening, addressing concerns or issues, and following through in providing leadership under high stress circumstances
• Experience in continuous improvement of new or existing operations
• Comfort and confidence in managing and reporting operational metrics related to large-scale budgets and broad compliance reporting
• Comfortable with “rolling up sleeves” and filling in for Directors on occasion
• Ability and desire to mentor and effectively lead diverse teams in support of Northeastern’s COVID-19 testing site mission and overall community impact
Valid through: 11/17/2020
$150K — $200K
49 days ago
$100K — $150K
49 days ago