SAINT LOUIS FASHION FUND
Now Sewing the Fabric of the Historic St. Louis Garment District!
Reclaiming fashion roots. Mentoring emerging designers. Building sustainable businesses. Stimulating growth in the Historic St. Louis Garment District. It’s all about sewing St. Louis right back to the map – one designer at a time! Needless to say, the Saint Louis Fashion Fund (“SLFF”) and its early-stage, 2-year designer incubator program is proud to serve as the catalyst for this historic fashion rejuvenation and economic development effort in downtown St. Louis, Missouri.
From Vogue to St. Louis Magazine to The Huffington Post and Arch Grants, SLFF has gained recognition and continues to catch accolades such as the “Arts Startup of the Year,” by the Arts & Education Council of Saint Louis, and, its newest nomination for a 2017 Innovation Award by Mayor Lyda Krewson and the St. Louis Development Corporation. Coupled with the backing of an impressive number of National Friends and Advisors and a supportive Board of Directors, the SLFF has sewn up a number of core programs, including its Creative Process, Sewing Summit, Fashion Truck, and “Speaking of Fashion” Speaker Series, all of which well position the organization for continued growth. Learn more about SLFF at www.saintlouisfashionfund.org.
SLFF is now seeking an experienced and charismatic Executive Director with strong financial, programmatic, fundraising and business consulting experience to build not only its own capacity and stakeholder engagement, but to co-pilot success for its incubating designers.
Reporting to its local Board of Directors, the ideal candidate will:
- PROVIDE VISIONARY LEADERSHIP (EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP & BOARD RELATIONS) – Partner closely with Board of Directors to set bold yet strategic goals in alignment with the organization’s vision and mission. Inform and engage board members through transparent communication regarding financial, programmatic, and marketing metrics while providing oversight and inspirational leadership for six (6) key staff members. Assist in board development to ensure diverse and inclusive representation. Celebrate successes while expanding the influence and reputation of the St. Louis Fashion Fund locally, nationally and internationally.
- BUILD CAPACITY & STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT (DEVELOPMENT & FUNDRAISING) – Create and implement a fundraising and development plan to maximize stakeholder engagement. Implement best practices to sustain fundraising operations. Steward existing relationships and cultivate new relationships to enhance revenue from individual donors, foundations, government agencies, and corporations. Maintain a strong governing board, a culture of stewardship, and raving mission- oriented fans. Spearhead efforts to establish new planned giving mechanisms and an endowment for long-term organizational sustainability.
- DRIVE THE INCUBATOR & DESIGNER BUSINESSES (PROGRAMS & BUSINESS CONSULTING) – Enhance and expand the infrastructure of support, resources, and exposure for current and future designers. Develop and report on quantitative metrics and tailored action plans for each designer, capturing impact, results and achievements from SLFF programs and affiliation. Lead the development of outside partnerships and foster strong relationships both within the fashion, garment, manufacturing and production industries to further support business growth for incubating designers.
- STEWARD OUR ASSETS (FINANCE & OPERATIONS) – Prudently manage the organization’s key assets, including both its financial and human resources. Coach and empower a small talented staff and instill financial discipline throughout the organization. Develop a balanced budget, maintain healthy cash flow, craft short- and long-range financial plans, and, ensure sound financial controls. Set priorities and make financial recommendations to the Board of Directors.
- BE THE GARMENT DISTRICT VOICE (MARKETING, PR, OUTREACH & EDUCATION) – Represent SLFF as a well-respected thought leader in local efforts to redevelop the historic St. Louis Garment District. Serve as the face and voice to our community, consistently and positively representing the organization and its mission to all stakeholders. Build, maintain, and enhance productive relationships with community constituents, policymakers and media sources in an effort to proactively develop and expand the Garment District. Implement a comprehensive marketing and communication strategy that increases visibility, reinforces brand identity, creates amazing experiences, and engages all levels of multi-generational constituents.
OUR CRITERIA INCLUDE:
- Minimum of 7+ years of professional business, operational and/or fundraising experience, including a minimum of 3+ years of management experience with direct reports.
- Familiarity with non-profit organizations is a must have (this includes working within a non-profit and/or having served on a non-profit leadership board)
- Must have prior P&L ownership and strong financial management skills.
- Passion for the St. Louis Fashion Fund’s mission, including building the businesses of emerging designers, revitalizing the Historic Garment District, and all related programming, advocacy and educational efforts.
- Strong relationship-building skills including a proven track record in securing funds or an aptitude for fund development. Knowledge of and success in attracting individual, corporate and foundation resources is a plus.
- 4-yearundergraduate degree is required; MBA, MFA or related graduate degree highly desirable.
- An engaging public speaker, equally confident and effective one-on-one with respected community members, donors, corporate contacts and large groups of constituents.
- Superior problem solving and critical thinking capabilities.
- Eloquent and compelling written and verbal communication skills.
- Attentive listening skills and an ability to react to stressful situations with diplomacy and tact.
- An ability to work at a fast pace while staying focused and attuned to details.
Ready to Apply?
- Apply online at http://www.csiapply.com/.
- Should you experience difficulties with the application system or wish to make a confidential referral, please contact our search consultant, Collaborative Strategies, Inc.,
- at firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries and resume submissions will be held strictly confidential. The St. Louis Fashion Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Collaborative Strategies, Inc., a St. Louis based consulting firm with a dedicated boutique search practice, has been connecting executive talent to opportunity to since 1994. We take pride in matching entrepreneurial leaders with great opportunities and non-profit organizations such as the St. Louis Fashion Fund. For more information about CSI, visit us at www.getcollaborative.com.