$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
EvergreenHealth is seeking a current EvergreenHealth nursing leader to join the nursing Administration team. This nurse leader is responsible for oversight of the overall quality of service and for planning, developing, organizing, integrating, and directing the Medical Surgical and Nursing Resource division of EvergreenHealth. Oversees staff and budget in support of the organizational goals and commitments. Collaborates with medical staff, all departments, and services within the organization to achieve the goals and objectives of the Nursing Division, EvergreenHealth, and the District at large.
1. Exercises functional administrative supervision over professional, technical, service, and support staff in assigned areas of responsibility.
2. Work activities and assignments are determined and prioritized by goals and objectives established independently and collaboratively with the Sr. Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer, and physician partners, and are influenced by internal and external customers and organization colleagues.
3. Accountable for service excellence to maximize customer internal and external satisfaction.
4. Provides vision, direction, and leadership for designated patient care departments and services.
5. Functions as an effective, results-oriented leader in complex and dynamic environments.
6. Accountable for sound resource (financial, personnel, and capacity) management practices and system development to assure continued organization growth.
7. Takes a leadership role in nursing and healthcare in the community and at regional and state forums.
8. Consults with and is a resource to other disciplines, departments, and agencies to identify problems, implement continuous process improvement activities, and evaluate effectiveness.
9. Develops and monitors annual capital and operations budgets. Coordinates development and implementation of appropriate methods to monitor adherence to budgets and resolve variances.
10. Develops and implements processes to manage human resources, materials, and finances within established budget.
11. Facilitates patient care including organization and management within established policies, procedures, standards of care, budgetary parameters and strategic objectives.
12. Assesses and evaluates departmental staffing patterns for proper utilization of personnel in relation to department tasks required.
13. Performs other duties as assigned
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• MSN or master's degree in related field or demonstrate a plan to achieve the master's degree.
• Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in State of Washington
• Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
• 3 years of experience in a clinical nursing setting
• 2 years of experience in a management or leadership role in an inpatient care setting
• Oral and written language skills, visual and aural skills in order to communicate and ensure and deliver safe practice.
• Knowledge of computer systems; continuous quality improvement, and leadership process knowledge and skills.
• Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate employee health and infection control programs.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clinical/education knowledge to staff, patients, and families.
• Knowledgeable of the care required by respective age groups being cared for.
• An understanding of financial management and a commitment to the provision of cost-effective care.
• Knowledge of Federal, State, and Joint Commission regulations and requirements.
• Accountability for professional practice, commitment to patient care, and commitment to uphold Patients' Rights, Federal, State of Washington Department of Health, and Joint Commission regulations and requirements.
DESIRED for the position:
• Certification in specialty or leadership
Valid Through: 2019-10-22