Overview and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for providing strategic leadership and guidance to the Media Team and Agency partners for all Theatrical releases. The Executive Director, Media is expected to be a thought leader, capable of optimizing current efforts, and an expert in traditional, digital and social/search media. This position will report to the VP of Domestic Media.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supports managing large-scale media investments across multiple channels
- Develops overall strategic direction for Media efforts across all channels (Broadcast, Radio, OOH, Print, Digital, Social, Search etc.)
- Generates ideas and articulate “the big picture” above and beyond the detail level
- Maintains ultimate accountability for the quality, strategy, and integrity of all media plans/strategies/services
- Collaborates with marketing team members to maintain a consistent brand voice and message across all paid programs.
- Leads and direct the cross-functional agency team to develop strong total communications approach
- Builds strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners
- Creates and delivers presentations internally to executives and filmmakers
- Researches and makes recommendations concerning the competitive landscape
- Owns and maintains key media partner relationships and stay on top of industry trends
- Helps to recruit, train and develop your team
- 8+ years of experience in integrated media, strategy, planning, and traditional/digital with ability to lead the media planning process
- Bachelor's degree in related field OR equivalent work experience
- Entertainment/Theatrical experience strongly recommended.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Working knowledge of third party marketing research: MRI, Simmons, comScore Media Metrix, Nielsen and others
- Excellent communication and influencing skills to a wide a variety of audiences both face to face and over the phone