Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world’s most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today’s market trends while anticipating tomorrow’s. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
You’re a passionate, dynamic, and highly motivated individual who’s looking for an opportunity to have an impact on some of the most well-known companies in the world. This integral member of the Retail team will report directly to the VP, Market Expansion & Business Development. If you enjoy working with retailers to influence their business solutions, this job is for you.
The Executive Director will be responsible for the strategic and tactical direction for your targeted prospects, developing relationships with key retail targets leading to long term partnerships and revenue generation. You will interact closely with senior management and cross-functional groups including NPD’s Client Development Team, Product Management, Corporate Marketing, and Research Science to achieve objectives.
This position is based in Port Washington, NY, NYC or virtual.
- Grow and develop executive level relationships to ensure that NPD is positioned to gain data sharing cooperation among targeted base.
- Leverage personal sales skills, experiences, and gained knowledge of NPD's core competencies in analytics, and data management to build deeper relationships with assigned client group for insight into specific, high value-add business opportunities.
- Deepen (prospective) client satisfaction by managing relationships, delivering insights and recommendations and building a reputation for excellence.
- Align NPD’s service and product offerings with client needs through conversations with clients at meetings, industry conferences, and events and through development and delivery of presentations, briefings, and proposals.
- Proactively develop new customer contacts, conduct strategic calls, collaborate with internal resources to, generate leads, secure meetings and deliver proposals.
- Develop a rich and healthy sales pipeline, and convert pipeline into recognized revenue.
- Identify, develop, and close new opportunities among assigned clients.
- Establish and deliver on joint account objectives and strategies
- Grow revenue as well as identify new business opportunities.
- Lead the contract negotiation process with retailers in order to achieve/exceed objectives.
- Expand the user base within the retailer to include a broader mix of end users through the effective demonstration of how NPD data can help them accomplish their goals.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to be the voice of the retailer internally and to deliver the best possible solutions to the retailer
- Fulfill internal financial and administrative requirements pertaining to budgets and forecasts
- Utilize consultative selling approach to identify data needs and recommend relevant program options.
- Prepare customized sales presentations; apply knowledge of information to demonstrate measurable business results.
- Identify common themes from clients to assist in the development of new NPD products.
- Identify and develop strategies to support revenue and sales growth.
- Bachelor degree: MBA preferred
- 10+ years of Account Management or Retail Merchandising experience with a retailer or manufacturer, preferably in Apparel, Footwear, Sports and /or Home industries.
- Proven history of meeting and exceeding goals and developing trusted partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively leverage resources to tailor positioning to each prospective clients needs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop deep relationships with C-Suite level clients
- Experience within client services, account management or sales with the ability generate ideas and effectively sell those ideas. Deep understanding of how point-of-sale scanner data and consumer panel data can be used to identify business building opportunities for retailers.
- Ability to synthesize data and develop meaningful conclusions/insights using all NPD and available external data sources and present them in a meaningful, compelling way.
- Strong presentation skills with a high comfort level presenting to large groups and senior audiences.
- Experience in outbound prospecting and closing of new business preferred. Demonstrated success in contract negotiations.
- Ability to travel about 15% - 25%
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.