Formulates the long-term care (LTC) business strategy across organization's products and therapeutic areas. Collaborates with the R&D, clinical, marketing, sales, and other cross-functional departments. Leads newly-formed LTC Council to ensure understanding and alignment on broader strategy and goals, and ensures the coordinated execution of the plan to deliver growth across the LTC channel. Accountable for generating and delivering LTC financial/revenue forecast.
- Leads annual and multi-year commercialization plans that include project and performance objectives, market segment planning and strategies, competitive analyses, industry forecasts, manpower requirements and legislative and regulatory impacts.
- Contributes to the development of company business strategy, plans, annual budgets and business reviews.
- Interprets and translates scientific clinical data into commercial implications, which may impact labeling and advertising.
- Works with Sales to establish pricing strategies and develop sales training programs.
- Interfaces with Product Development to develop new products or enhance existing products or product lines. May act as a technical advisor for specific products.
- Monitors competitive activity and identifies customer needs.
- Interfaces with Medical Affairs leadership to ensure coordination and alignment with KOL, Ad board and medical education activities.
- Oversees LTC market analysis, monitors competitive activity, and identifies customer needs.
- Responsible for in-depth analytics and ROI analysis through partnering with commercial analytics team to support strategy adjustment recommendations as appropriate
- Develops and delivers presentations as needed to commercial management and other internal groups.
- Develops strong external relationships with Geriatric Psychiatry, Geriatric Medical Directors, Consultant Pharmacist Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), LTC Pharmacy Chains and targeted LTC Nursing Home Chains.
- Represents the company and acts as its liaison with industry associations and patient advocacy groups; attends trade and professional meetings important to the company's success.
- Serves as a representative of the organization to both internal and external groups and ensures information communicated is accurate and up to date regarding organizational activities and industry trends.
- Ensures department's adherence to company policies and quality system requirements, as well as other legal and regulatory directives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in marketing, health care, business administration or related; Master's degreepreferred. A combination of relevant education and applicable job experience may be considered. A minimum of 12 years of progressively responsible pharmaceutical or related marketing experience developing and leading teams and managing product launches, branding, market research and risk assessment; a minimum of 8 years in a leadership role with preferably 3 of those years in a LTC Leadership position. Previous pharmaceutical sales experience highly desired.
- Proven success in developing and executing strategy in the LTC market.
- Proven skill at negotiating with business partners or management, and influencing senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Ability to create and communicate a clear vision among team members, and effectively aligning resources and activities to achieve functional area and/or organizational goals.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrixed organizational environment.
- Recent blockbuster brand experience, launch experience or major new indication launch experience.
- Strong Biopharmaceutical brand management experience and demonstrated multi-channel tactical expertise.
- Experience building and developing a team.
- Experience successfully launching new products and market share goals.
- Demonstrated success building organizations and high-performance teams.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities and proficient planning and negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English in verbal, written, and presentation form.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of time.