Position Overview The Executive Director IT, Commercial Intelligence position based in Madison, NJ is a key leadership role within the Technology and Infrastructure Group. The ideal candidate will be a bold leader responsible for leading IT services for the US & Global Commercial Data Management (MDM), Data Integration and Business Intelligence functions. This is a Business Oriented, Strategic & Forward-Thinking IT COE that enables Commercial Teams to make Fast & Informed decisions which directly improve relationships with customers, payers & patients; improving company product performance and providing a competitive advantage for Allergan. Main Areas of Responsibilities
- Lead Center of Excellence (CoE) providing technology expertise and deliver and deploy solutions globally. The CoE engages directly with the business globally, working closely with local BIMs.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all Commercial Teams, Franchises, Brands and Regions for both direct and indirect clients.
- Manage relationships with customers horizontally and vertically through the customer organization.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of IT and business management with information on IT initiatives.
- Create transparency to the IT organization & services to the customer.
- Actively participate with leadership teams for all Commercial business leadership meetings.
- Make Data a key strategy enabler for all business teams.
- Provide Commercial business, Data & Analytics expertise and meet regularly with business owners to ensure alignment on key priorities.
- Support the customers in the creation of business vision & strategy.
- Serve as the primary IT escalation point for the organization with regards to Data, Integration or Analytics (including Decision Support Solutions).
- Develop and implement global Commercial Intelligence delivery and support services to all US and International countries.
- Drive standardization and harmonization of the application portfolio.
- Ensure the team provides stellar support and communication with their respective customers.
- Maintain IT operational excellence and provide an escalation point for any issues related to IT services. Interact with internal IT functions to gain awareness of other IT activities and work jointly with global IT services to maintain operational excellence.
- Create alignment with corporate technology changes through communication and collaboration.
- Provide input to long range strategic plan, IT Roadmap and project portfolio. Collect input and identify business drivers for US and Global commercial initiatives.
- Ensure that developed roadmap and portfolio of projects meet customer needs and budget. Collaborate with Corporate IT and jointly manage portfolio of projects.
- Confirm resources and timelines with customer and coordinate with Technical Architects and other Delivery teams.
RequirementsThe following listed requirements need to be met at a minimum level to be considered for the job:
- Minimum 15+ years of BIM & relevant IT experience, and minimum 8 years in Commercial IT with Pharmaceutical & Medical Device companies.
- Experience supporting, and leading global commercial service organizations is a plus.
- Advanced understanding of the pharmaceutical business, general business processes, and the systems environment in place to support those processes. Experience with multiple and diverse application environments including Sales, Marketing, Commercial Operations, B2B/B2C Services & Loyalty, Revenue Management, Data Privacy, Digital solutions, Master Data Management, Advanced DW/Business Intelligence Solutions, Machine Learning & AI, and Mobile Technology.
- The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, results-oriented individual with exceptional relationship development, communication skills, strong project, financial and management experience, and a range of knowledge around data centric technologies and practices.
- Experience managing remote teams, as well as managing indirect, direct reports, and contingent resources required.
- Experience in high performing matrix environment and collaborating with Corporate global service IT organization required.
- Experience in implementing standard as well as emerging Data capabilities such as; Informatica/Reltio, AWS/Azure/Redshift/Snowflake, MSFT Analytics Solutions (or similar), Sales Force/Veeva, SAS/R/Python, Spark, Hadoop/Hive, Natural Language Processing, Cloud solutions & hosting, Consumer & Professional applications, customer portals and enterprise platforms and solutions.
- Experience prioritizing and improving security ensuring that all applications, data, and processes are designed to maximize security and privacy of all data subject data. Experience with business processes compliance needs with numerous regulatory requirements, including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
- Proven technical, leadership and management skills with the ability to manage simultaneous priorities and changing deadlines.
- Able to present a professional image of IT to all stakeholders through verbal and written interactions.
- Exceptional customer service skills and abilities.
- Excellent vendor management skills. Proven experience with managing external global third party Managed Services Providers and software vendors.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, persuasion, and conflict resolution skills with a strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills with the ability to effectively interact with customers, associates and at all levels of management.
- Ability to work with independently and make decisions independently.
- Ability to Travel (typically 25%)
- Minimum or equivalent of a BA/BS degree is required; MBA or advanced degreepreferred.