Description: This position is responsible for facilitating governance and leading the delivery of IT products and services to Kaiser Permanente-s national capital program by partnering with (under the direction of) National Facility Services (NFS). This position reports directly to the Vice President, Care Delivery Technology Services for NFS IT and is accountable for the delivery of all IT infrastructure, equipment and applications required to operationalize facilities across the Kaiser Permanente organization. This position has capital construction management, program development, process excellence and IT solution delivery management responsibilities. This positon works effectively with NFS leaders to develop and implement new processes, actively review and improve current processes, drive for consistency and results to achieve a high level of business partner satisfaction as measured by the annual survey and other metrics.
This position is responsible for a portfolio of over 1,500 projects across the country (Hawaii, Washington, Northwest, Southern California, Norther California, Colorado, Georgia and Mid- Atlantic States regions) which includes the construction of Hospitals, Medical Office Building, Central Utility Plants, Call Centers, Data Centers and facility maintenance and/or repair projects. This position will manage a team of about a staff 100 and will lead a matrixed team of several hundred-technology staff members across the corporate KP-IT organization. This position will require travel estimated to be at 50% of time.
- Lead the delivery of IT products and services to NFS and KP-s capital program.
- Manage and develop the team of Program Managers and Project Coordinators to prepare the IT MYP for IT Capital Project Delivery and work with sub-committees as well as business executives to evaluate needs and options for the IT strategy.
- Develop strong planning relationships with the NFS VPs for Service and Delivery, Facilities planning and Design, Construction Acquisition as well Capital Construction Project Directors and Team Managers and integrate regional capital plans and perspectives fully into the IT planning process.
- Develop annual investment and department budgets, and 3 year investment forecasts.
- Engage Enterprise Architecture to develop enterprise data models needed to support the NFS capital plan and strategy.
- Engage with IT Technology Risk Office to ensure new non- IT managed systems that are deployed to capital construction projects adhere to IT risk and security requirements.
- Ensure NFS strategic IT plan is effectively integrated with other portfolios - including IT, HealthConnect and Network Services.
- Provide support to the business to understand the scope and requirements to plan and staff large programs and integrate with NFS- capital project delivery methodology.
- Ensure that day-to-day operations of all KPIT functions within service level agreements and metrics.
- Prepare and review IT user bills and cost allocation reports, lead efforts to reduce processing costs for transaction systems and to develop effective system retirement plans.
- Develop multiyear IT resource demand forecast for IT in support of NFS IT Capital Project Delivery.
- Develop and implement effective capacity planning and demand management processes. This capability will include Application Delivery, Enterprise Engineering, Enterprise Operations and other KP-IT departments to ensure that the organization is staffed to execute approved IT projects and programs, respond to problems and consult with the business as needed and requested.
- Continue to identify and implement practices to improve financial transparency.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement processes across the groups through frequent project reviews and business partner feedback; this applies to all common functions, including portfolio management, performance management, planning, product management and budgeting.
- Conduct the annual business partner survey and identify actions to correct problems identified.
Basic Qualifications: Experience
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience with five (5) years in a supervisory role and three (3) years of experience in business transformation/ process improvement consulting management is required.
- Minimum ten (10) years of related experience in health care IT.
- Bachelor-s degree in engineering, business, finance or accounting OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related environment.
- High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience with assessing, planning and integrating new systems and facilities with existing solutions.
- Demonstrated experience that includes a broad understanding of both IT infrastructure and application projects, in a healthcare environment, Capital Construction Lifecycle management experience desired.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the delivery of large complex IT programs.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute strategically to organizational business objectives by identifying and implementing leading business processes; demonstrated ability to manage change.
- Ability to lead and influence senior executives on business issues.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to staff whom may not have a high level of expertise.
- Proven strong stakeholder management experience should include success in multi-disciplinary leadership capability and a track record of solid leadership experience and background negotiating commitments to achieve long term partnerships.
- Significant involvement in major system implementations, as required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, influence, deliver results, and drive change in a matrixed team environment and leading multiple teams through both overlapping and sequentially related projects.
- Demonstrated strong customer focus and client relationship building skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to gain cooperation, acceptance or approval in resolving problems with strong negotiation skills to arrive at an agreement with other parties.
- Must be able to work effectively in a Labor/Management Partnership environment
- Experience with major enterprise systems highly desirable.
- Kaiser Permanente experience highly desired.
- Advanced degree, or technical certification is encouraged.
Job Number: 632326