Lenovo is seeking an Executive Director of Litigation, reporting to the VP of Litigation and Intellectual Property. The successful candidate will manage and drive IP and commercial litigation cases from complaint to conclusion, collaborating with internal and outside counsel, technology experts, business analysts, and company clients. Trial experience – first or second chair and motion practice – is a requirement; completion of a clerkship is preferred. Other desirable experience includes advising on litigation strategy and positions, predicting risk-adjusted costs of pursuing litigation, determining and managing case budgets, and developing/evaluating settlement proposals. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to thrive in a large, global environment while coordinating the efforts of an internal team of attorneys and paralegalsand an outside counsel network within limited budgets. Strong communication and presentation skills will be necessary to explain complex legal matters to business leaders in a manner that is readily understandable in order to ensure well-informed business decisions.
Work location can be either Chicago, IL or Raleigh, NC
With 50,000+ employees and $43B in global sales in 160 countries, Lenovo is a global leader in innovative consumer, commercial and enterprise technologies.
We are a member of the Fortune Global 500, and recently leapt onto Forbes’ “Top Regarded Companies” list coming in at #27 out of the world’s top 2,000 companies, Lenovo is bigger and stronger than ever thanks to not only organic growth, but also due to several recent acquisitions.
Lenovo also has a diverse employee culture. We are proud to be a truly global company, as our leaders and employees come from various cultures across the globe. We view our differences as a source of strength in building a culture that helps us achieve our goals.
• J.D. Degree (undergraduate degree in engineering a plus)
• Current bar membership in the US
• 7+ years of highly successful IP litigation experience (preferably as outside counsel)
• Experience managing litigation and a team, including attorneys and paralegals
• Significant experience dealing with standard essential patents
• Understanding or experience with international IP litigation, particularly in Germany, India and the UK
• Significant IP litigation experience focused on high tech products including cell phones and computers
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple matters simultaneously
• Successful experience negotiating enterprise-wide contracts with IP legal service providers for high quality at below market rates.
• Demonstrated business acumen, strong analytical skills, and the ability to grasp important business issues and legal issues facing the company
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.