Executive Director Internal Audit
Leads advanced level professional internal auditing work as a key component of the corporate governance structure.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices and procedures.
- Oversight of a comprehensive audit program in one or more of the following disciplines: financial & operational, gaming compliance, SOX & Anti-corruption, or IT audits.
- Providing consulting services to the organization’s management.
- Providing assistance in the development of the annual enterprise-wide risk assessment and audit plan;
- Providing ongoing training, coaching and supervision to internal audit management, and
- Maintaining organizational and professional ethical standards.
- Directs internal audit directors and managers in the planning, organizing, directing and monitoring of internal audit operations in areas assigned.
- Assists in hiring, training, and evaluating staff, and takes corrective actions to address performance problems.
- Identifies and evaluates the organization’s risk areas and consults with the SVP and VP in the development of the annual enterprise-wide risk assessment and audit plan.
- Manages the internal audit universe for the audit areas assigned.
- Directs the expected performance of audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Identifies training needs and provides or directs training to internal audit team members in a variety of professional practice areas.
- Oversees the communications of the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations.
- Exhibits self-directed initiative to develop and maintain productive client, staff, and management relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Pursues relevant professional development opportunities for self and others.
- Represents internal audit at meetings with management and with external organizations.
- Other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Ten or more years of full-time experience in auditing, accounting, business analysis, or program evaluation, including six years of management experience in a large, complex organization.
- A graduate degree in business administration, public administration, or a related field, or a second certification (CIA, CPA, or CISA