Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Oversees the day-to-day operations of a community.
- Responsible for all operations, acting as contact for all staff, residents, prospects, community organizations, government agencies and the public.
- Supervises, directs, and motivates community staff.
- Maintains high degree of resident satisfaction and retention through consistent delivery of high quality services. Provides leadership for staff and residents to include pro-actively solving problems and resolving issues. Administers annual resident satisfaction survey.
- Provides direct resident care as needed. Fills in at various positions as needed to cover staffing shortages.
- Executes renewal program with existing residents through a proactive program.
- In conjunction with regional operations, develops annual operating and capital budgets. Aggressively anticipates and minimizes negative budget variances and deficits. Meets and exceeds budget occupancy goals for the property. Continually explores means of revenue enhancement and expense reduction.
- Hires, trains, disciplines and terminates employees in accordance with company policies. Reviews hires, promotions, disciplinary actions and termination of employment of associates ensuring consistency in the selection and retention of quality personnel.
- Ensures buildings, grounds and property are up to company standards through the oversight of preventative maintenance systems and programs, and frequent inspections that meet company standards of excellence.
- Maintains current departmental policies, procedures, and licenses in accordance with company, Federal, State, and local requirements.
- Fosters creativity among staff to deliver the highest quality and best services to residents in the most economical manner possible. Responsible for creating and maintaining an atmosphere of stability where the personal dignity of residents is supported. Acts as a member of Resident Counsel.
- Develops and maintains a positive image within the community. Becomes active in social and civic affairs of the local community. Represents the facility and the company to governmental agencies, professional organizations, community groups and other appropriate public agencies/groups.
- Utilizes sales and marketing activities and strategies to maximize occupancy.
- Assists in developing and conducting service plan reviews, as required by state codes, with appropriate resident care team members and resident families.
- Supervises the maintenance of resident charts and reviews documentation performed by resident care staff.
- Oversees the resident admission process to assure required documentation is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Oversees the healthcare management of all residents in accordance with company policy and state regulations. Oversees the adherence to company policy regarding administration of medication. Assists nursing personnel in staff training and ensures frequent audits are performed on medication sheets.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare, Gerontology, Business or related field preferred. Minimum of two to four years related experience.