The Executive Director Human Resources is responsible for planning and directing all aspects of the Corporate’s talent and human resources function, in collaboration with internal stakeholders, business leaders, and centers of excellence ensuring adherence to labor laws, regulations, and HR corporate policies and procedures. This position executes comprehensive strategies, initiatives, action plans and processes to improve critical organizational performance in the areas of employee engagement and internal guest service. The Executive Director Human Resources assists with building human resources strategies in alignment with the business strategy to include: Talent Management, Learning and Development, Employee Engagement, Employee Relations, and other HR initiatives. This position supports the Corporate culture to align with its’ individual brand while supporting the One Company Culture of MGM Resorts International. All duties are performed in accordance with property and MGM Resorts policies, practices and procedures.
- Collaborate with business leaders to develop and execute organizational strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to property strategic thinking and direction; and establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Analyze and provide recommendations in the development and monitoring of department operations and strategies to produce both short-term and long-term profitability for the company.
- Oversight of special project initiatives with the Directors of HR, by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; ensuring timely completion; and evaluating optional courses of action
- Design and execute the processes for department reorganizations, restructuring, and acquisitions in collaboration with key stakeholders. Execute a plan and facilitate the process to completion of the initiative.
- Coach and develop leaders to strengthen leadership skills in alignment with SHOW basics.
- Lead the execution of Talent Management strategies to support Corporate’s strategic plan.
- Collaborate with executives across the organization to support continuous improvement initiatives from an HR perspective to ensure effective implementation and long-term sustainability.
- Participate in ongoing analysis of key data identifying trends; develops, evaluates and implements new processes to ensure competitive position and in anticipation of changing business and customer needs.
- Collect timely data to support business initiatives through focus groups, surveys, town halls, one-on-one interviews, and other methodologies; evaluates and applies the data to support decisions.
- Collaborate with and builds relationships across functional divisions, Corporate Entities, MGM Resorts International properties, and key external stakeholders; assesses and analyzes targeted stakeholders to enable strategic design and implementation of initiatives.
- Achieve financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing budgets; and managing expenditures; accountable for technology and resources to improve productivity and efficiency in consultation with the VP Human Resources.
- Oversight of HR Directors to ensure timely and accurate human resources advice, counsel, and recommended decisions; analyzing information and outlining potential risks.
- Maintain and update department policies, procedures, processes, and guidelines; communicates and models the organization’s mission, vision and values.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; partnering with legal counsel, and advising management on appropriate actions.
- Collaborate with Labor Relations on labor issues, Identifying strategies to resolve issues and complaints.
- Manage Human Resources responsibilities for direct reports create and maintain a work environment that promotes client service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction ensuring quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment.
- Oversee Human Resources responsibilities for the specifically assigned areas; create and maintain a work environment that promotes client service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction ensuring quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a similar field or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum of eight (8) years professional Human Resources experience, which included at least three (3) years of supervisory/management experience.
- Master’s Degree in a related field.
- Prior Hospitality experience
- Prior Employee and/or Labor Relations experience
- Workday or other SAS software experience