Executive Director (Hospital Administrator)
Our client is seeking an Executive Director/Hospital Administrator to oversee facility management; administration; medical and clinical programming; regulatory compliance; and strategic plan for (their facilities). Most importantly, the Executive Director ensures safe and effective patient care while also driving the profitability of the business. The Executive Director serves as a ?key employee?, ensuring the specific site is in alignment with the Strategic Context and leading facility-specific strategic initiatives. This position is a member of the Executive Management team and partners withother executive team members in achieving vision, mission, culture, and financial goals.
The Executive Director/Hospital Administrator role is a direct hire opportunity with one of our clients in Atlanta, GA. Compensation is at market rate. Local candidates strongly preferred. No sponsorship or C2C arrangements available.
Responsibilities of the Executive Director:
- Leads, communicates and oversees the hospital?s mission, vision, core values, ethics, and financial expectations for their facilities, while aligning with the ethics, goals and strategy of the larger organization
- Oversees and is accountable for the Clinical, Medical and Administrative teams in providing best practice care for assigned facilities. Ensures all functional and operational aspects of the hospital including Medical, Clinical, Nursing, Dietetics, Culinary, Facilities, Compliance, and Front Desk, with support from Management Services
- Accountable for the financial success of the facility, including revenue generation, operating expense management, and EBITDA expectations, supported by Management Services
- Establishes and maintains a work environment that is grounded in providing a superior patient experiences
- In collaboration with Human Resources, provides leadership, supervision, guidance and coaching to employees and managers to ensure employee satisfaction and retention
- Holds employees and managers accountable to subscribing to our core values and supporting our company culture and reputation
- Ensures development and retention of strong referral sources. Proactively interacts with referral sources, hospital systems, patients, and families whenever possible to help drive recognition, reputation and revenue
- Supported by the Compliance Department, responsible for oversight of facility compliance, including but not limited to The Joint Commission accreditation, State Licensure, and HIPAA/HIPAA HITECH
- Responsible for balancing the need for quality patient care with the economic demands of the business, including driving admissions while critically assessing staffing needs, programming, and other aspects of the operations of the facility to maximize results while managing costs
- Ensures that patients are treated to prescribed clinical and medical outcomes
- Demonstrates competency and sensitivity in the area of multi-cultural, racial, religious/spiritual and sexual orientation issues
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, solutions oriented and organized, and to function calmly and effectively under stressful situations
- Maintains strong, collaborative working relationships within the facility and with other facility managers. Consults other facilities as appropriate to collaborate on patient care, staffing and performance improvement activities
- Ensures a robust approach to Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement activities, including consistent meetings, rounding and initiatives
- Complies with all organizational polices regarding ethical business practices
- Other duties, as assigned
Qualifications of the Executive Director:
- Master?s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or a behavioral clinical discipline required
- Certified Eating Disorder Specialist (CEDS) highly preferred
- Current certifications (or the ability to obtain) of Basic Life Saving (BLS)/Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), First Aid (FA), Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI Blue Card) required
- Active license in healthcare field in GA (or state-eligible) preferred (LCSW, PhD, LPC, MD, LMFT, RN, etc.)
Experience of the Executive Director:
- 5+ years hospital administration in a hospital setting, or an equivalent leadership role
- 2+ years of experience with behavioral health or eating disorders treatment facilities strongly preferred
Specific Skills of the Executive Director:
- Maintains and ensures patient confidentiality at all times
- Competence in the use of electronic medical record, incident reporting, accounting and administrative software, including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills; specifically, communication that embodies clarity, consistency, and directness, assuming beneficence and treating everyone with dignity.
- Leadership skills that promote the growth of colleagues and encourage exceptional work effort and work ethics, with accountability expectations for excellence in staff that this position supervises
- Ability to conduct multidisciplinary team meetings, facilitating discussion that enhances patient care and maximizes the unique contribution of each team member.
- Capacity to face conflict or crisis with equanimity, utilizing sound judgement and reasoning skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with creativity and solution-focused approaches to challenges.
- Ethical standards of the highest caliber and adherence to the professional ethics associated with the delivery of patient care.
- Desire to work as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to effectively assess quality/effectiveness of therapeutic services and adjust services for improvement
- Ability to quickly and independently process ideas and implement changes
- Personable, reliable, flexible, critical thinking skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Flourish in a collaborative team environment
- Kind, compassionate, and genuine
- Superior customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to stay calm and solution-focused in high stress situations.
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to multitask.
- Willing to ask for help or feedback, as appropriate
- Strong interpersonal and professional boundaries.
- Bi-lingual in English/Spanish, preferred.
General Skills and Requirements of the Executive Director:
- Demonstrates competency and sensitivity in the area of multi-cultural, racial, religious/spiritual, gender identity, and sexual orientation issues.
- Meets dress code standards; appearance is professional, neat, and clean.
- Evaluates own performance and sees opportunity for growth.
- Reports to work on-time and as scheduled.
- Wears identification while on duty.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Adheres to company and facility specific policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the company.
Contact Judy Protz at or (919)981-6200 x315 with questions regarding this posting. A Word resume is preferred when applying.
When looking for a job, have you ever heard the phrase? it?s not about what you know, it?s about who you know?
At HireNetworks' company, Campbell & James Executive Search, it really is all about who we know.
By leveraging our strong community and business relationships, we ensure access to a high-end talent base of executives who meet and exceed your needs. At Campbell & James Executive Search, finding high-end talent for high-end organizations is what we do best.
HireNetworks and Campbell & James are equal opportunity employers.