Executive Director - Habif Health & Wellness Center
The Executive Director is responsible for all decisions related to policy development, fiscal management, direction of all staff, and the implementation and adherence to all University and Health Center policies. This position is responsible for supervising and leading the following departments within the Habif Health and Wellness Center: Medical Services, Mental Health Services, and Health Promotion Services.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and lead the overall strategic and operational planning and oversight of the Habif Health and Wellness Center, including supervision of Director of Medical Services, Director of Mental Health Services, Director of Administrative Operations, Pharmacy, and Health Promotion Services.
- Ensuring compliance with the policies and procedures of the Habif Health and Wellness Center and Washington University as well as with the policies and standards of all appropriate and relevant regulatory and accrediting bodies.
- Overseeing the administrative operations for the Habif Health and Wellness Center, including providing strong budget and fiscal administration.
- Coordinating campus emergency preparedness and response, including management of and effective communication about public health issues.
- Leading or supporting, as designated, negotiations for the University-sponsored health insurance plan and overseeing management of the plan.
- Overseeing the student-operated Emergency Support Team (paramedics) and the Peer Health Education program and encouraging collaboration with all health-related student groups and department initiatives on campus.
- Ensuring the continual improvement, maintenance, and sustainability of the Habif Health and Wellness Center and the Zenker Wellness Suite in the Sumers Recreation Center.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A master’s degree in degree in Health Administration, Public Health, Business Administration or an appropriately related field.
- At least seven years of relevant progressive leadership experience that includes demonstrated success in the management and supervision of health, mental health, or health promotion services, or a closely related area of health care practice and administration.
- Medical Degree or Doctorate in an appropriate field.
- Ten years of progressive experience in higher education leadership.
- Understanding of and direct experience in a college or university student health, mental health or health promotion setting.
- A proven track record of leadership in a diverse environment.
- Current understanding of health care confidentiality, risk management, and legal practices.
- Knowledge of integrated care and openness to working within an integrated model.
- Experience in budget and personnel management in a healthcare environment.
- Experience with Electronic Health Records.
- Genuine appreciation for student development theory and a holistic, multidisciplinary approach to student health.
- Strong leadership, communication, interpersonal, and public speaking skills, including the ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
Base pay commensurate with experience.