Project Management / Implementation / Technical
- Works with administrative, technical and programmatic leads to ensure effective implementation and coordination of program activities and monitor progress toward the achievement of the project-specific program goals and objectives
- Ensures that technical, financial, and administrative activities are carried out according to WRAIR/ US Dep. of Army and HJF policies and procedures
- Ensures the human, material, structural and financial resources are appropriate for the program’s success
- Responsible and accountable for the financial performance of the site to include high quality and on-time delivery of interim and final budgets;
- Presents progress, achievements, and lessons learned to key stakeholders, including funder, government, and other implementing partners
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting of program activities and results to HJF HQ, WRAIR and USG in country contacts
- Oversees implementation of project monitoring and evaluation activities and assures the quality of technical interventions at national and provincial level
- Assure the sustainability of interventions, particularly in the area of capacity building
- Proactively identified and resolves potential problems and solicits assistance and input as needed to ensure that the project's performance meets or exceeds technical and financialcontractual requirements
- Provides collaborative assistance and mentoring to other program personnel and research scientists that require the incumbent's expertise.
- Maintains a safe work environment with appropriate training of other personnel.
- Supports a productive team environment.
- Completes other projects as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience of successfully managing relationships with governments, donors, and other partners in a complex political environment
- Knowledge of infectious diseases and/or public/global health both with international development with a focus on health preferred
- Experience with PEPFAR highly desirable
- Outstanding leadership skills with a proven track record of building, directing, motivating, and managing teams composed of technical experts, program managers, and administrative staff
- Strong communication skills; a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a variety of contexts: large and small groups, verbal, written and interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English required; fluency in Kiswahili a plus
- Excellent strategic agility, diplomatic, advocacy, and conflict management skills.
- Program management experience in international settings
- Knowledge of applicable USG procurement and contracting policies a plus
- Ability to independently troubleshoot tasks and challenges
- Work as a leader and part of a team in a remote setting
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Advanced degree: Masters (MPH, MHA, etc.) with Doctorate (DrPH, or PhD, or MD) in public health or relevant field.
Minimum Experience: Minimum 7-10 years of senior level experience in program development, implementation, and management of health programs; research or medical programs experience a plus.