The Executive Director Food and Beverage is responsible for directing all functions of the Food and Beverage Department in support of the Vice President of Food and Beverage. This position is directly responsible for strategic planning and operational execution of Customer Service, Food and Beverage Venue Marketing Plans, Employee Relations, Employee Engagement and Financial Discipline initiatives. Position provides oversight and leadership of all functions over owned and managed outlets as well as representing the Food and Beverage division as liaison with leased partners, all other hotel divisions and all corporate divisions as required. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices and procedures.
- Provides input into and executes strategic plan for assigned department(s) consistent with the strategic vision of the division and MGM Resorts. Coordinates Departmental strategic planning, to include, project development, along with a standardized training and development program for all Food and Beverage Management. Develops tangible goals and supervises subordinates goal development.
- Experience working with high profile restaurant, nightlife and lounge operators.
- Provides input into and executes the development, implementation, and measurement of guest service standards within assigned department(s) consistent with the company’s core service standards and brand attributes.
- Manages Human Resources responsibilities for Food and Beverage department to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; adherence to the company’s status quo third party representation philosophy; compliance with company policies, legal requirements and collective bargaining agreements. Handles employee issues by working in accordance with Departmental policies and procedures as well as MGM Resorts and established Union guidelines.
- Coordinate through Marketing all Food and Beverage programs, activations, sponsorship agreements, offers and collateral.
- Understand importance of internal guest service and display ability to communicate professionally and efficiently to all departments as needed within the property and company.
- Thorough understanding of all agreements with all managed, tenant, and leased outlets to ensure adherence by all parties.
- Participates in the research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology and processes to ensure MGM Resorts competitive position and in anticipation of changing customer needs within the dynamic hospitality/gaming environment.
- Ensures maintenance and cleanliness of outlets with specific focus on departmental and SNHD food safety standards, OSHA, Fire and Life Safety Regulations.Communicates expectations to Stewarding, Public Area and Maintenance Departments with a focus on preventative maintenance. Assists in creating and upholding all sanitation standards in accordance with Health Department regulations.
- Performs all other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, university or culinary institute or equivalent experience.
- At least 10 years of Food and Beverage experience.
- Experience working with high profile restaurants, nightlife and lounge operators.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.