Morningside of Springfield East is a beautiful community in Springfield, MO, with more than 60 units offering assisted living.
Five Star Senior Living seeks individuals who believe in our core values of putting people first, minding the business, working to be our best, acting with integrity, and listening-then acting decisively. Each role within Five Star is important to the success of our business goal to enhance the lifestyle of seniors.Key ResponsibilitiesWe are currently seeking an experienced Executive Director to lead our team. if you possess our core values, we'd love to hear from you!
The Executive Director for our RCF-I is responsible for providing comprehensive leadership for a senior living community in operational management, goal setting and long-term growth. The Executive Director leads a team of employees with a positive, open-door atmosphere and effective communication, leading by example and ensuring outstanding attention to detail in resident care and wellbeing. The ED is accountable for staff management, development and engagement, resident and family satisfaction, resident occupancy levels, regulatory and budget compliance, and sales and marketing activities in order to meet or exceed occupancy and revenue targets. The Executive Director actively promotes Five Star's mission, philosophies and values in all daily interactions with employees, residents and families.
Skill, Ability and Knowledge
- Partners with regional, divisional and corporate leadership on short and long term planning for the community, including supporting and implementation of change management initiatives.
- Responsible for hiring, training, coaching, developing and motivating employees across all functional areas, while providing regular performance feedback.
- Ensures sounds fiscal management of the community through the development, management and adherence to the budget; completion of timely, accurate and comprehensive fiscal reports; approval of capital expenditures; ensures the collection of rents and other monies due; and ensures the submission of payments to corporate AP
- Ensures that employees are hired and screened in line with company policy and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Enhances and drives resident and engagement and retention.
- Partners and consults with regional and divisional Human Resources regarding employee related matters including performance, disciplinary and termination matters to align with Five Star policies.
- Assess and manage staffing levels appropriate to occupancy to ensure needs of community and residents are met while adhering to budgetary requirements / fiscal health of the community.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations applicable to the facility and works with department heads or corporate legal as needed.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies governing the community by continually monitoring the operation of each service area and making changes as needed.
- Ensures a positive resident experience by building relationships with residents and setting exceptional standards for team performance.
- Fosters a smooth functioning, efficient operation through the timely and effective resolution of grievances from residents, families and/or staff.
- Prepares and presents reports as required by regulatory agencies and the Five Star corporate
- Serves as a key partner in driving sales and occupancy in the community; in smaller communities may be directly accountable for sales activities; partners with Regional Sales and Marketing Directors to understand competitive environment and drive sales.
- Keeps Regional Director of Operations informed of activities, needs and problems.
- Responsible for monitoring building and facilities needs to ensure safety and a pleasant living experience for residents.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Regional Director of Operations.
- Passion for working with seniors. Experience managing RCF- I communities.
- Bachelor's degree and Administrator's license/certification per state requirements.
- Prior experience as a General Manager, Executive Director or Administrator within the health care industry.
- Demonstrated management experience with direct supervision of a team of at least 10, including hiring, coaching, performance management, and daily operations supervision.
- Demonstrated financial acumen, including deep familiarity with financial reporting, P&L statements, labor modeling and controlling EBITDA.
- Experience in sales and marketing, identifying and building local relationships to drive business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to facilitate small group presentations.
- Proven ability to effectively handle multiple priorities.
- Computer proficiency, especially Microsoft Excel, Word, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Resident Experience
- Community Leadership
- Financial Management
- Occupancy Management
- Team Management
This job description represents an overview of some of the responsibilities that are essential to the function and qualifications of the position. This job description is not intended to be, nor is it, an exhaustive list of all of the responsibilities required.Shift/Hours
DaytimeOur Core Values
About Five Star
- We Put People First
- We Act With Integrity
- We Mind the Business
- We Listen, Then Act Decisively
- We Work to be Our Best
Five Star Senior Living Inc., a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating division: Five Star Senior Living and AGEILITY Physical Therapy Solutions.
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. With communities in over 30 states and more than 25,000 team members, Five Star is committed to maximizing our residents' independence and enhancing their lifestyles.
The Ageility division provides both inpatient and outpatient services to over 150 communities. These services are provided both within Five Star and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step up to Stop falls Program, "Connections" our memory care therapy program, and our executive functioning program that focuses on cognitive strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in areas such as medication management and house hold functions.EEOC
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee with regard to or on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, Five Star expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. We will not tolerate harassment of employees in the workplace, or in other settings in which employees may find themselves in connection with their employment. Improper interference with the ability of Five Star's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination harassment or retaliation, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any federal, state, or local law is prohibited and will not be tolerated.