The Executive Director provides executive leadership to, offers strategic direction to, and is responsible for the strategic oversight and success of the Corporate Entertainment & Sports Sales team. The Executive Director is seen as an expert that ensures business-critical events and sponsorship programs across the Company’s brands, properties and venues are successfully completed from planning, to execution. The Executive Director supports sponsorship relationship management, and serves as a holistic leader that supports the center of excellence in event and sponsorship execution, event, tickets, and sponsorship planning and strategy. All duties are to be performed in accordance with department and MGM Resorts International policies and procedures.
- Provides strategic oversight for defining and achieving Key Performance Indicators for Event Sales, WNBA ticket sales and MGMRI corporate sponsorships, which may include but are not limited to: , sponsor acquisition, sponsor retention, ticket revenue, event revenue, etc.
- Directs Human Resources responsibilities for assigned department(s) to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment.
- Creates sales process and platform for consistently excellent execution across the organization. Leverage partners and relationships to develop ancillary revenue opportunities and cross property visitation.
- Aggressively contributes to business planning for the success of entertainment venues. Manages department P&L and make adjustments to plans to achieve financial goals.
- Designs cross sales platforms to leverage the size and scale of the entertainment organization to cross sell and promote multiple events and programs effectively and efficiently.
- Partners and collaborates with MGM Corporate Centers of Excellence including, advertising, and public relations entities to promote and market arena events across all Company brand’s, properties and venues.
- Directs the strategic direction and modifies reporting strategies in order to track and achieve KPIs; able to interpret complex reports and assist in modifying variables to achieve accuracy; develop and define departmental strategies by working closely with analytics teams.
- Monitors news, current events, market and relevant hospitality, event and entertainment/sports trends. Acquires and utilizes all available consumer data, industry trends, and venue statistics to drive tactics.
- Directs the account management, project management and outside agency teams, corporate initiatives, and sales planning, including communications across all supporting resort departments.
- Ensures allocation of sponsor activation funds are alignment with sponsor goals, as well as corporation strategic priorities.
- Directs cross functional teams in order to achieve departmental goals, which may include resort properties, advertising, media planners/buyers, legal, risk management, public relations, casino marketing, corporate marketing, front line operations, strategic sourcing, information technology, national and international market development, and resort teams.
- Plays an active role the industry attending and representing division and corporation at trade related functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Hotel Management, Business Administration or related field; or related years of experience.
- Minimum of (8) years in sales, marketing, events, advertising, media or other related industry; and/or years of related experience and five (5) years leading a team.
- Proven experience developing and delivering successful complex programs and projects with positive, measurable results.
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- 10 years in sales, marketing, events, advertising, media or other related industry.
- Previous sales related experience