The Executive Director Development Delivery is responsible for the design and development of the MGMRI technical project strategy, policy, process and procedures; determining the best solutions to support the aggregate suite of business applications; as well as evaluating new and emerging technology products and services. The incumbent must understand business objectives and determine and document business process and requirements; while partnering with project management, quality assurance, operational and other teams within IT to deliver comprehensive information technology solutions. The incumbent provides the technical leadership for the design, development and implementation of integrated business and technology solutions to delivery production ready solutions to meet the needs of the business. The incumbent must beable to quickly understand the issues and operational challenges facing IT and the business partners as well as the larger organization as a whole and incorporate these issues into technical solutions.
- Be responsible for OpEx and CapEx budget.
- Project, track and manage internal labor cost against OpEx.
- Project, track and manage vendor costs for operational tasks against OpEx. This will involve working with vendors to forecast labor estimates, negotiate rates, draft and review SOWs and work with Procurement to execute MSAs or other contracts and SOWs where applicable.
- Project, track and manage internal labor cost against CapEx.
- Project, track and manage vendor costs for operational tasks against CapEx. This will involve working with vendors to forecast labor estimates, negotiate rates, draft and review SOWs and work with Procurement to execute MSAs or other contracts and SOWs where applicable.
Accountability & Responsibility
- Responsibility and accountability at personal and group level against commitments.
- Time management.
- Communication - within team; with other groups; with Business; with Organization.
Lead employees while providing:
- Development planning
- Personnel management
- Expectation setting
Develop strong relationships with key vendors and manage vendor performance:
- Timesheet review and approval
- Resource review
- Develops and implements strategy, policy processes and procedures to ensure delivery of solutions which will meet the needs of the business.
- Solves technical/business problems and guides others in the design and delivery of business solutions.
- Consults with cross-functional teams to design, develop, implement and manage software applications through product lifecycle.
- Defines and delivers ‘products’ and/ or ‘platforms’ for MGM in relation to systems integration or custom-developed, application subsystems.
- Applies creative force and facilitates/leads the design of software components, systems interfaces and user interfaces to meet business objectives.
- Maintains currency in software development patterns and methodologies to support an agile environmentCompletes project life cycle to resolve data or engineering issues.
- Leads the technical teams that deliver all projects from cradle to grave - design, development, testing, implementation and turnover; sets priorities for the teams and balances workload to meet commitments to the business.
- Support & ensure adequate and sufficient Business analysis in support of quality and timely deliveries.
- Support & ensure adequate and sufficient Requirements gathering/Acceptance criteria review in support of quality and timely deliveries.
- Design and execution per PMF.
- Provide project based “Consulting” Services.
- Provide Level 4 support.
- Compliance - PMO, Security, Enterprise Arch.
- Establish & support development of software architecture & development best practice & Standards.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor's in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- At least 10 years as a Senior Systems Design or Application Developer with a demonstrated track record in the development and deployment to production of increasingly more complex solutions.
- At least 5 years of leadership experience with enterprise grade product/ platform development/ delivery.
- Strong project management and delivery skills.
- Knowledge of current programming languages.
- Prior leadership experience in leading onsite, offsite, offshore and matrixed delivery teams.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Previous technical consulting experience.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.