RGAX's culture stresses high performance and collaboration, and the company hires the smartest people in the industry. And, the smart people they hire are not just number crunchers. RGA values creativity and curiosity. RGA also values humility, and its employees work together without ego to bring value to RGA while revolutionizing the life and health insurance space.
The Executive Director, Decision Science will be responsible:
• Execute data & analytic projects aligned with RGAX strategy
• Collaborate with business stakeholders to support scope, development and commercialization of insight-driven solutions
• Contribute to RGAX global data & analytics strategy as well as execution roadmap
- Lead data & analytics projects from definition to delivery. Understand business objective, scope solution including data sources, create & manage execution plan and lead a virtual, matrixed delivery team of data scientists, business analysts, technology specialists etc. Responsible for overall success of the project, including quality and value realization.
- Maintain data, quality and protocol standards set by RGAX Global Data & Analytics aligned with RGA Global Research Data & Analytics. Viewed as expert in data & analytics domain for relevant region or business.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to support scope, development and commercialization of insight-driven solutions. Define, scope and document plans for execution of client data & analytic initiatives as well as responsible for execution in relevant region or business. Responsible to clients for timeline as well as quality of deliverables.
- Contribute to RGAX Global Data & Analytics strategy as well as execution roadmap. Responsible for creation and execution of annual roadmap in relevant region or business aligned to annual RGAX Global Data & Analytics plan.
- Foster a positive and engaged work environment. Continuously learn and support talent development. Participate in RGA/RGAX data & analytics peer community.
- Perform other duties as required; maintain regular and predictable attendance.
Education and Experience
- Master's degree in Economics, Finance, Math, Statistics or related field OR Bachelor's degree in Actuary Science with FSA-equivalent certification
- Minimum eight years of hands-on analytic experience in industry (i.e. predictive modeling; machine learning)
- Doctorate in Economics, Finance, Math, Statistics or related field
- Ten or more years of hands-on analytic experience in industry (i.e. predictive modeling; machine learning)
- 2+ years of industry experience in insurance or reinsurance, preferably life or health
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced statistical modelling skills
- Advanced data management and manipulation skills
- Advanced knowledge of contemporary statistical analysis packages
- Understanding of contemporary data architecture
- Outstanding programming skills in modern programming language ( R, Python, C#) and SQL
- Excellent relationship skills with ability to work well across geographic locations
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional and technical disciplines
- Ability to operate effectively in a matrixed environment, including solid and dotted line reporting relationships
- Ability to make effective decisions to produce quality results on plan
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to transform technical information into business results in a way that is meaningful and well received by stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial spirit; Comfort with ambiguity paired with initiative to make things happen
- Willingness to travel as necessary (@25%)
- Knowledge of life insurance underwriting
- Knowledge of insurance claims
- Understanding of reinsurance concepts and methods
- Knowledge of mortality and morbidity insurance products
- Start-up experience