This position serves as a dynamic and innovative member of the Care Delivery Leadership Team responsible for working closely with internal and external leaders to build exemplary access and telehealth services and member experience. The Executive Director of Contact Center Strategy & Access Management partners with the MD leader of the Solution Center and Access Oversight to deliver dynamic, market leading, operationally scalable telehealth and convenient care services for Kaiser Permanente Washington. Responsible for executive leadership of strategic and operational planning that deliver market-leading service and satisfaction, quality and fiscal management of appointing, scheduling, advice, digital-telehealth services, access management and telephony infrastructure. In partnership with Permanente Medical Group and in alignment with National KP and with collaboration with labor, develops an overarching strategic design, implements operational structures, manages performance and improvement efforts.
- Collaborates with Health Plan Senior Leadership, PMG Senior Leadership and Labor Leaders to align the Access and Telehealth Services business strategy with the Regional and National priorities.
- Accountable health plan stakeholder for execution on short and long-range strategic actions that support the organization's mission, strategic plan, annual objectives.
- Maintains current knowledge of business and professional practices, external market trends, industry standards and critical success factors, operational processes, human resource management, and various technologies to ensure that the Region's Contact Center Strategy & Access Management are high performing areas
- Establish and hold accountability for a member-centric culture that promotes high level, cross-functional team interactions; innovative vision; calculated risk taking and accountability for customer centered, cost-conscious care.
- Provide direction, coordination and planning for regional Contact Center Strategy & Access Management initiatives to assure Kaiser Permanente leads the industry in service.
- Develop and monitor regional service standards through audits, on-going performance measurement, special studies and surveys to increase member retention and increase membership.
- Responsible for setting, monitoring and achieving access/service goals and objectives. Lead the development and/or review of investment directed to care and service quality improvements.
- Ensures that Contact Center Strategy & Access Management operate on a self-sustaining basis by effectively leading and managing overall operations.
- Organizes and manages to enhance operational efficiency; develops multi-year business plans; achieves annual program revenue and expense targets.
- Ensures the ongoing design of cost restructuring efforts to improve the program's value to members and payers, as well as develops and implements effective policies and practices to ensure compliance with administrative and legal requirements of the Health Plan.
- Based on differentiators that demonstrate KFHP/H market leadership, identify key metrics that increase KFHP/ H membership related to Contact Center Strategy & Access Management, and at lowest cost in market.
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressive management leading complex care or service organizations, demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit and track record of generating revenue, systems thinker and creative problem solver, innovative, financial and business acumen
- Bachelor-s degree in health care administration, business, or related fields is required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Strong financial acumen, in healthcare managing profit and loss and in affordability development.
- Strong strategic thinking and business acumen with the ability to align strategies and recommendations with clinical operations objectives.
- Strong attention to detail, particularly in ensuring processes and performance are in line with region, national and partner requirements.
- Proven experience developing a culture of customer service, operations, and care; models and upholds a member-first/customer service orientation.
- Exceptional leadership skills and proven ability to quickly build and maintain strong teams and relationships across diverse functions and leaders.
- Must have demonstrated effectiveness in managing and directing departmental operations and management/supervisory personnel in a healthcare setting; a proven history of evaluating, training, and motivating performance; an ability to accomplish results through others; demonstrated skill in delegating effectively and establishing clear guidelines for accountability; and the capability to build consensus and provide strong leadership in a team environment, with the highest of professional and personal integrity
- Master-s degree in health care administration, business, or related fields is highly preferred.
Job Number: 787885