The Executive Director oversees Clinical Directors and Medical Directors. As the Executive Director, you will be responsible for implementing corporate policy and mission by maintaining appropriate staffing levels, meeting set corporate standards and goals, and assuring the long term fiscal viability of the program. You are responsible for leading the local program as your own business: from staffing and hiring to budgets, leadership and marketing oversight, you lead the functional teams at the local program.
- Oversee the teams for clinical, sales and operations at the local site
- Develop annual budget and monitor expenditures
- Analyze gross profit factors, market conditions and operational costs
- Ensure continued program growth by developing new and existing referral sources and vendors
- Partner with clinical resources to oversee patient intake and inquiries
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal Hospice and Hospice care related regulations and mandates
- Effective leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations as they pertain to the provision of comprehensive, hospice home care, its administration, and related reimbursement
Education, Experience, and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration, or a related Human Services field is strongly preferred. Two (2) years experience in the healthcare industry is required. A total of five (5) years supervisory experience is required.
- California - Must have hospice or related healthcare supervisory or administrative experience
- Colorado - training and experience in business or health service administration and at least two years of supervisory or administrative experience in hospice care or closely related health care services.
- Connecticut - requires MSN or MPH or MHA + 1 year supervisory experience involving care of the sick or BSN with active license + 2years supervisory experience involving care of the sick.
- Georgia – State-licensed healthcare professional (RN, APRN, MD/DO, LMSW, PT, OT but not LPN) + 1year hospice supervisory experience OR training/education/experience in healthcare + 2years hospice supervisory experience
- Louisiana – State-licensed Physician, RN, MSW or any Bachelor's degree; 3years healthcare management experience in service delivery is required for any applicant.
- Massachusetts - 2years health care experience, 1 yr of which must be administrative
- Mississippi – State- licensed Physician, RN, BSW or any Bachelor's degree + 2 years healthcare administrative experience OR State-licensed physician, RN, BSW or any Bachelor’s degree with 1 year healthcare administrative experience and3years healthcare service delivery experience
- New Jersey - MHA or related healthcare field + 2 years management experience ORBachelor's in healthcare admin or related field + 4years management experience
- South Carolina - college degreerequired + 3years of healthcare management experience in the 5years prior to employment with the hospice
- Tennessee – State-licensed physician or RN with 1 year hospice or home health or other healthcare related management experience OR an individual who has training/experience in healthcare services administration + 1year of hospice or home health or other healthcare related management experience
- Texas – State-licensed physician, RN, LSW, licensed therapist or LNHA with at least 1 year of administrative or supervisory experience in a health-care related field OR an individual who has a high school diploma/GED with at least2years of administrative or supervisory experience in a healthcare related field; must also be able to read, write and comprehend English; must be employed by the hospice and meet any additional qualifications established by the Governing Body; must satisfy the requirements for initial and ongoing education found at TAC 40.97-259 and 40.97-260.
- Virginia - minimum of 1 year of training or experience in direct health care delivery and at least 1year of supervisory or administrative experience in hospice or a related healthcare field within the 5years prior to employment