ABOUT YOU Above all, we are looking for a servant leader whose personal and professional background demonstrates a genuine passion for the mission and core values of PSJH. You have a style that emphasizes openness, collaboration, visibility, and connectivity. A strong, confident, results-oriented, and decisive leader with the capacity to balance the big picture and strategic perspective with a focus on operations and the details of execution. You can articulate how your work improves healthcare delivery in the communities that we serve. In this position you will:
- Serve as a member of the Southwest Executive Leadership team, working in partnership with team members on the development and implementation of an integrated delivery system throughout the Southwest Washington service area.
- Be accountable for coordination of market optimization and service line priorities in areas assigned.
- Develop and foster effective collaboration between departments, programs & services, medical staff and other affiliated services to ensure an integrated approach to care.
- Interface effectively with the Regional and System entities as necessary.
- Participate actively in strategic planning and budgetary formation in conjunction with the senior leadership team to ensure strong and focused operational and financial management of the service area.
- Develop and implement action plans to ensure the organization achieves its annual budget objectives.
- Partner with others to deliver the best care at the lowest costs.
- Work with core leaders, serving as a resource to help reduce costs, enhance revenues, and achieve goals and objectives.
- Operate within approved budget; control charges, expenses, and monthly variances. Optimize use of financial resources.
- Meet regularly with operational partners to assure clinical and business alignment.
- Ensure and promote clinical innovation.
- Implement standards of service for care, monitors quality performance, and intervenes as appropriate to take corrective action as needed.
- Ensure accreditation and regulatory guidelines are met.
- Assist with operations related to compliance preparedness and auditprocesses as indicated.
- Serve as a transformational leader.
- Support a culture of high caregiver morale and positive relationships with both caregivers and core leaders to enhance productivity and quality of work life.
- Provide leadership and work collaboratively with core leaders and caregivers to evaluate new opportunities and to develop programs and services that improve the organizations market position and meet community needs.
- Develop and manage diverse and effective teams to achieve results. Ensures that continuous improvement occurs on the team and within the organization.
- Oversee major workforce and resource decisions for the departments and service lines assigned.
- Demonstrate excellence in communication skills.
- Constantly seek out opportunities to develop leadership skills, knowledge and behaviors.
- Mentor and coach core leaders to enable their successful professional development.
- Be a champion for building a high reliability culture.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Masters in Health Administration, MBA, or Masters in a related field
- Five years general healthcare experience including three years in a leadership capacity related to healthcare delivery
Preferredqualifications for this position include:
- Licensed clinician (i.e. RN, MD/DO)
- Clinical leadership experience