: As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step! JOB SUMMARY The Executive Director, Client Delivery serves as operations manager and strategic leader of a client region, including multiple hospitals and/or other healthcare facilities, ensuring superior execution on all aspects of hospital revenue cycle services. The Executive Director maintains the relationship with CEOs, CFOs, and/or Revenue Cycle leaders in a region and is responsible for delivering services that meet or exceed the client’s expectations, meeting contractual obligations, providing strategic leadership, operational guidance and oversight to regional operations leaders, leveraging Conifer resources to identify and execute on performance improvement opportunities, serving as peer and trusted counsel to client executives, and ensuring projects and initiatives are financially profitable and meet or exceed margin thresholds. This is a key leadership role, with high visibility and impact on the client, internal stakeholders and the overall operational performance of the organization. This position will support Washington and Oregon. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Provide local direction on all revenue cycle solutions and services to meet regional contractual obligations, revenue cycle performance goals (SLAs and PSLs) and client satisfaction. Provide direction to the local functional service line leaders (AR, CRI, PA, etc.) to maximize solution offerings, ensure local revenue cycle processes incorporate Conifer operating model standards, and meet client expectations and revenue cycle performance metrics goals
- Act as primary contact and relationship manager with the client’s regional/local management team. Perform as Conifer Champion with the client and regional operations team. Adhere to and support Conifer’s standard governance model, including meeting, communication, and reporting requirements. Proactively communicate with client regarding performance issues, resolution plans and timelines, and results in order to build trust in Conifer’s commitment to continuous improvement; regularly quantify the benefit/accomplishments Conifer has delivered. Hold regular meetings with client executives to solicit feedback on Conifer’s performance and ensure that quantitative (KPI’s) and qualitative (client service) needs are being recognized and provided.
- Ensure client delivery directors are working closely with local service line leaders and have a thorough understanding of daily activity in order to proactively manage client’s expectations and meet strategic objectives in all key revenue cycle performance metrics
- Work closely with Conifer and client leadership to proactively identify regional opportunities including new and/or improvement of existing services, develop and implement strategic initiatives that meet client expectations
- Direct region-based resources in data analytics and implementation, monitor performance, and drive process improvements; this includes issue identification and resolution, and leveraging Conifer corporate functional resources to proactively identify and correct areas of improvement
- As process changes are required, work closely with internal owners to ensure new processes are aligned with and/or incorporated into the Conifer operating model.
- Participate and contribute as involved member of Conifer Client Delivery knowledge sharing community, including sharing knowledge of best practices and contributing advice, mentorship, and training to develop fellow Client Delivery Executives and ensure cross-market operational excellence
- Function as peer and trusted advisor to client executives, with respect to client’s own performance, industry revenue cycle trends, and new revenue cycle technologies. Advise the client designee regarding any planning, budgeting and implementation of all Revenue Cycle activities.
- Provide mentoring and career development opportunities for the regional/local operations team.
- Support Business Development activities, as necessary. This might include expanding scope with the client within the region or serving as a resource to business development activities.
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (Specify Revenue/Budget/Expense): The Executive Director, Client Delivery is responsible for the overall financial performance and profitability of the engagement. This is limited to the region or management responsibilities of the project that are assigned to the Executive Director. This includes, but is not limited to the project’s Profit & Loss (P&L) performance, achieving and exceeding revenue and margin (EBITDA and/or project direct contribution) expectations and budget, and maximizing financial performance bonuses eligible via the contract. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES If direct report positions are listed below, the following responsibilities will be performed in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Direct Reports-Client Directors, Business Analyst
- Indirect Reports-Sr. Directors and Directors of local functions (A/R, CRI, PS)
: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to serve as central point of contact and accountability between Conifer service lines and the client regarding performance.
- Exceptional Operations Management skills, including deep revenue cycle knowledge, financial management, performance monitoring, issue resolution, and process improvement.
- Analytical and strategic ability sufficient to work in a data-heavy environment and to identify trends in the data, including business planning, strategy, problem solving, change management, and decision making skills.
- Exceptional leadership skills within a matrixed environment, including ability to provide solid and dotted line direction to junior CDE’s, consulting / analytics teams, PA, CRI, and AR Management leaders, and market leadership.
- “Executive Mindset and Executive Presence” required to serve as peer and trusted advisor to Client Executives at all levels.
- Exceptional relationship management skills, including effective communication (i.e., listening, written and verbal), negotiation, verbal and non-verbal communication queues, and influencing decision makers.
- Understanding of systems and processes that impact revenue cycle performance and capabilities, including understanding of the market, trends, competition, and key pain points for hospital executives.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to effectively articulate Conifer’s performance, including areas of strength and improvement, and collaborate with the client on initiatives requiring client involvement to positively impact performance
- Intermediate MS Office required (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- 10 or more years experience and excellent working knowledge of hospital revenue cycle operations with specific focus on Inpatient and Outpatient Managed Care and Commercial payers preferred.
- Proven success in operational management roles, to include: performance monitoring and process improvement, change management, and bringing together disparate team members to successfully deliver client solutions.
- Understanding of the market, trends, competition, and key pain points for hospital executives. Demonstrated experience of the entire acute care hospital revenue cycle processes is preferred.
- Successful experience leading in matrixed environment.
- 4 year college degree in business administration, finance or health administration or equivalent experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in sitting position, use computer and answer telephone
- Ability to travel
- Includes ability to walk through hospital-based departments across broad campus settings, including Emergency Department environments
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office Work Environment
- Hospital Work Environment
- Up to 75% travel may be required