The Executive Director of the Foundation is charged with leading, directing, managing and organizing the achievements and operations of the Foundation to support the college including facilitating donor development, fundraising, developing community partnerships, and expanding overall financial capital resources available to support the college’s mission and strategic priorities.
Essential Duties andResponsibilities
1. Work actively and effectively with the Foundation Board of Directors, CWC Board of Trustees, college president, and staff to advance the effectiveness of the Foundation.
2. Develop and meet fundraising goals outlined by the Foundation and College strategic plans. Fundraising goals are set annually in the goals evaluation for this position.
3. Develop and implement an effective strategic plan for the Foundation which guides the actions of the staff and Board in Foundation activities.
4. Serve as the lead fundraiser for the Foundation and, in concert with college stakeholders, identify, cultivate and solicit donors throughout the service area of CWC.
5. Cultivate community partnerships by building local relationships with CWC and the Foundation through a variety of means including social events, meals, service club meetings, community events, service area travel, etc. to meet fundraising and cultivation goals.
6. Share and manage key contacts with the Foundation and CWC using a shared database.
7. Develop strategies to capture, retain, and upgrade gifts and support from individuals, corporations/businesses, foundations and governments (local, state and federal), using direct mail, membership appeals, special events, capital projects, campaign donations, planned giving, and grant awards.
8. Develop and execute a major donor program, including maintaining and enhancing relationships with Foundation Board members, major donors and prospects, cultivation, stewardship and solicitation strategies, and securing college visits and donor meetings.
9. Develop, maintain, and strengthen a program of planned giving through personal contacts, seminars, brochures, newsletters, etc. designed to reach strategic goals and objectives.
10. Raise public awareness and understanding of the Foundation’s mission, and activities and programs of the college through active marketing and educational efforts throughout the college’s service area.
11. Attract and engage friends and supporters through effective (attention, cultivation and net revenue) special events which are consistent with the mission of the Foundation and the mission of the college.
12. Investigate the potential benefits of alumni associations at the community college level and work with the Foundation and college on recommendations for possible program implementations.
13. Develop and implement best practices in working with athletic booster clubs.
14. Manage the Foundation’s resources effectively through establishment of balanced budgets, proper assignment of staff, and appropriate investment and allocation of financial resources.
15. Manage and supervise all Foundation staff members.
16. Work with college staff to manage aspects of college and Foundation grant seeking including meeting with and involving college faculty and staff, conducting appropriate research, relationship-building, proposal development, follow-up and reporting.
17. Monitor results and provide timely and accurate analysis and reporting of fundraising efforts to the Foundation Board.
18. Coordinate and attend Foundation board meetings, attend Foundation committee meetings as required, attend and report at College Board meetings, and participate in college leadership meetings.
19. Oversee the donor database and contact management system. Recommend and implement policies, procedures, systems and controls to ensure effective development and database administration, and adherence to established gift acceptance policies and procedures.
20. Organize and facilitate the work of fundraising volunteers, fundraising and cultivation events, donor relations and stewardship, proposing prospecting strategies and assignments, scheduling and participating in prospect meetings and presentations.
21. Develop appropriate and effective collateral material, presentation material and proposals.
22. Maintain confidentiality of frequently sensitive and emotionally charged information.
23. Adhere to applicable donor intent, established law and other best practice standards for Foundation operations and fundraising.
24. Operate within the guidelines set forth in the College’s and Foundation’s policies, procedures, and practices.
25. Perform other reasonably related duties as directed or assigned.