The Executive Director will act as a driver for Business Intelligence strategy and execution within the Enterprise Analytics (EA) organization. The Executive Director will assess BI capabilities to enable better decision making based on accurate and timely information which helps to define what happened, why, and could be applied broadly across the enterprise to enhance the Company’s analytical and predictive modeling capabilities. The Leader will be liaison between functional areas and IM to identify and implement KPIs, metrics and other key drivers to run and improve the business.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts policies, practices and procedures.
- Works directly with VP of Business Intelligence and Data Governance to develop an ongoing strategy to assess BI tools
- Responsible for working with the business to deliver data as a ‘product’ through BI and analytic capabilities
- Understands the business to be a driving force in how information solutions are developed, implemented, and delivered
- Understands how to elicit requirements from the business to develop and deliver the BI dashboard strategy, including strategic, tactical, and operational dashboards, subject area analysis, and support of performance management methodologies
- Responsible for collecting and coordinating requirements across EA property functional areas and working with IM to implement required changes to meet reporting and analytical needs
- Leads the funding process to procure new BI capabilities or to enhance/upgrade existing ones
- Partners with functional VPs to define and develop key drivers and metrics to measure customer value and operational effectiveness
- Leads the development of functional design and requirements (define, design and prioritize) to enable BI capability
- Manages Human Resources responsibilities for the specifically assigned areas; create and maintain a work environment that promotes client service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction ensuring quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or a related field, or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 9 years of experience with BI discipline.
- At least 9 years leadership experience.
- Knowledge of data structures, systems and BI tools related to data management.
- Visible, credible, and respected within EA.
- Able to use influence to ensure involvement and alignment of the VP Business Intelligence & Data Governance.
- Strategic view on how quality data enables EA and business goals.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to self-manage while consistently exercising good judgment and maturity.
- Ability to appropriately manage confidential departmental and corporate information.
- Experience in working with all levels of management, including Senior Executives and consulting with key business stakeholders preferred.
- Highly developed organizational skills to function effectively while still maintaining attention to detail and meeting specific organization goals.
- Ability to work in a high stress, fast paced environment managing multiple projects and personnel simultaneously. Must possess ability to prioritize conflicting duties and maintain timeline integrity for projects and tasks.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and demonstrate ability to resolve all situations in a professional manner.
- Must have excellent written, verbal and public presentation communication skills. Must be able to produce memos and executive summaries.
- Must have initiative and strive for continuous improvement. Proven ability to participate in implementing innovative ideas, projects and business solutions.
- Clear understanding of change management preferred. This should include participating in the development or implementation of solutions which require comprehensive shifts in operational practices.
- Ability to anticipate situations, tools needed, and obstacles through critical thinking and review of business performance.
- Ability to work on multiple levels from resolving individual support issues to leading large strategic programs.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- MBA or MSdegreepreferred with quantitativeorientation.
- Experience in hospitality operations.
- Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.