Condé Nast is a global media company producing the highest quality content with a footprint of more than 1 billion consumers in 32 territories through print, digital, video and social platforms. The company’s portfolio includes many of the world’s most respected and influential media properties including Vogue, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Self, GQ, The New Yorker, Condé Nast Traveler/Traveller, Allure, AD, Bon Appétit and Wired, among others. Condé Nast Entertainment was launched in 2011 to develop film, television and premium digital video programming.Job Description
When it comes to revenue performance, sales strategy, and creating demand for brands, the buck stops with the Executive Director, Brand Revenue & Strategy - Vanity Fair. In this role, which will be focused on Vanity Fair you’ll be driving revenue, working hand-in-hand with marketing and our category sales teams to pitch content platforms and enterprise products that clients will line up to buy. The ideal candidate is a proactive problem-solver, able to find and cultivate new opportunities, and a great communicator. You will be the undisputed brand expert, working closely with editorial and marketing to define the brand mission and drive opportunities for years to come.
- Steward and maximize commercial revenue for Vanity Fair.
- Serve as the expert for Vanity Fair, representing the brand in the market
- Point person for revenue that is brand-led, namely event sponsorships, magazine advertising, podcasts as well as branded digital initiatives and packages
- Partner with category sales leads to drive sales for assigned brands, coordinating sales calls as needed
- Partner with Brand Marketing and key editorial stakeholders to create go-to-markets, USPs, and scalable packages that drive revenue
- Craft the sales strategy for Vanity Fair, across all current and emerging platforms and categories
- Work closely with finance and the CBO to monitor the performance of the brand by category and platform and develop strategies to address
- Develop relationships to identify and bring in unique opportunities that can continuously drive incremental revenue
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years in a sales role
- Strategic, consultative selling experience with proven ability to navigate large and complex deals
- Proven experience in creating compelling and persuasive presentations
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of management as well as sales teams to clearly communicate business goals and results
- Must be strategic and forward-thinking with the ability to identify and solve problems efficiently.
- A self-starter who acts with urgency in all tasks they tackle
- Energy and enthusiasm to deliver high-quality work and drive the Conde Nast business forward
- Ability to forecast efficiently and effectively
This role reports directly to the Chief Business Officer of the Style Division.
What happens next?
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below, and we will review your application as soon as possible. You can update your resume or upload a cover letter at any time by accessing your candidate profile.