The Executive Director, Biospecimen Operations is responsible for leadership of the Biorepository and Sample Preparation line of business. The Executive Director oversees Biorepository & sample preparation product development, scientific excellence, quality and compliance management, systems and processes, sample receipt and handling operational delivery, and business goal achievement. Additionally, the ED will create, comply with, and execute of all relevant policies and SOPs to ensure high levels of performance and client satisfaction. The ED will follow direction set by the Chief Operating Officer and implement programs to ensure attainment of strategic plans for growth and profit.
Essential Duties and Other Responsibilities
- Serves as an enthusiastic, confident and positive leader and role model to the entire LabConnect Johnson City facility consistent with Company vision, mission, and values.
- Manages Biorepository Manager, Sample Processing Manager, and Investigator Support Services Manager.
- Communicates regularly with COO and others on Company’s leadership team
- Establishes Company’s operational vision and goals including continual enhancement in operational efficiency, productivity and consistency.
- Develops and maintains positive, long-term and successful relationships with key business partners including, but not limited to laboratory affiliates.
- Proactively manages client relationships and issues and makes recommendations for related process enhancements and business process optimization.
- Consistently evaluates metrics, guides actions to be taken based on metrics data to enhance services, quality, and profitability.
- Ensures that all organization activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations, and with adherence to procedures and compliance.
- Manages labor resources including accurately forecasting resource needs.
- Conducts performance reviews, provide training and mentoring as needed.
- Maintains contact with key clients to ensure satisfaction levels, monitors customer surveys, identify areas for improvement.
- Works with Head of Training in development of enhanced training tools. Assures training is offered and promoted for employee career development.
- Oversight of the Global Laboratory Partner program.
- Liaises with the Quality and Regulatory Services (QRS) department to ensure vendors are qualified/re-qualified and assist with issue resolution.
- Liaises with Scientific Operations related to monitoring of QC data, and with the Chief Development Officer in the further development of Global Lab Partner relationships.
- Enhances communications between Operations and IT so that operational priorities and requirements are understood.
Education and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree or equivalent, preferably MBA and a minimum of 10 years management experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint, as well as an aptitude for learning new database software quickly. SharePoint and Visio experiencepreferred.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, training, and mentoring employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.