The Executive Director of Corporate Partnerships will be responsible for assisting the Vice President of Institutional Advancement in corporate relationship development, fulfillment and stewardship efforts within Baylor College of Medicine’s rapidly expanding national and international Corporate Partnership function.
- Leads the Corporate Partnership efforts to raise fundraising revenue with a strong emphasis on corporate partner acquisition and retention, brand awareness development regionally and nationally, and expand fundraising campaigns and programs outside of the institution’s traditional geographic area.
- Oversight of internal processes and leading growth in a new area to meet aggressive revenue goals.
- Designs, implements, and manages a comprehensive proactive development plan focused on expanding and enhancing corporate and foundation relationships by directing and coordinating activities related to obtaining corporate monetary support.
- Identify emerging business leadership and industry trends with a special emphasis on developing high value-exchange corporate partnerships and identify, evaluate, cultivate and solicit principal gifts to support the mission and goals of the College.
- Work closely with department staff, development directors, and other College representatives to create opportunities to raise awareness among corporate constituencies and significantly expand fund-raising relationships.
- Identify key corporations and review corporate profiles that suggest potential relationships due to passion points or corporate giving interests.
- Advise faculty, administrators, and staff on corporate areas of interest, cultivation of corporate special requirements in the development and presentation of proposals.
- Initiate opportunities for faculty, researchers, and department chairs to interact with corporate prospects and interpret corporate interests to College constituencies.
- Develop highly competitive proposals for corporate prospects and leverage diverse corporate goals and preferences in conjunction with university goals.
- Maintain a rigorous schedule of contacts with corporate representatives, creating moves management plans related to them, compelling presentations and comprehensive fundraising proposals.
- Interacts externally with volunteers, prospects, agencies, and partners to include contact from entry-level staff positions to the CEOs of Fortune 500 companies.
- Accomplishes interactions through effective telephone conversations, written correspondence and personal visits.
- Monitor proposal deadlines, prepare and edit proposals, and manage proposal submissions.
- Maintain high quality stewardship process for active corporate prospects and donors. Ensure that stewardship and reporting requirements are met to sustain successful partnerships by maintaining detailed records of solicitation activities.
- Occasional travel for corporate partner meetings, including but not limited to solicitations, introductions, planning sessions, and stewardship activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, English, Public Relations, or other related field of study.
- Five years of relevant experience