The Executive Director, Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ED) provides leadership for the formation, development and optimization of the ambulatory surgery center pillar within the ambulatory network of Providence St. Joseph Health system. The ED has broad accountability for assuring long-term success of the ASC pillar through overall excellence of operations, outcomes, quality, experience, access and service within Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH). The ED is responsible for developing and executing on strategic & tactical initiatives including an aligned PSJH clinical pillar governance and performance strategy within a complex organizational structure, including developing and maintainging effective relationshps with ASC partners and in a manner that balances achievement of strategic and operational goals while maintaining effective relationships with other business divisions. Above all, we are looking for a servant leader whose personal and professional background demonstrates a genuine passion for the mission and core values of PSJH. You have a style that emphasizes openness, collaboration, visibility, and connectivity. A strong, confident, results-oriented, and decisive leader with the capacity to balance the big picture and strategic perspective with a focus on operations and the details of execution. You can articulate how your work improves healthcare delivery in the communities that we serve. Position Description:
- Develop and implement balanced scorecard for all Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) across PJSH regions.
- Responsibility for ensuring ASCs meet or exceed balanced scorecard metrics.
- Work with ASC partners and managers to develop operational improvement plans to address performance shortfalls.
- Lead Ambulatory Strategy Council or similar governance structure.
- Partner with Ambulatory Care Network CFO to develop and implement monthly financial reporting / variance management process.
- Work with CAO to develop and implement growth plan to expand number of ASCs to over 100 over next 3-4 years.
- Develop and implement consistent process for review of de novo and acquisition opportunities in partnership with finance, legal and other shared services functions.
- Serves as a transformational leader and member of the Ambulatory Care senior leadership team; working collaboratively to achieve strategic and operational goals as outlined in the integrated strategic and financial plan.
- Assists in formation, development and management of an integrated ambulatory network strategy at both the system and regional levels; and efforts to maximize the value of ambulatory assets across the health system.
- Leads clinical ASC pillar strategy and alignment across PSJH including optimizing existing assets through governance, aligned performance metrics, growth & expansion tactics.
- Collaborates in the development of strategies including areas such as finance, operations, payor relationships, joint ventures, acquisitions, clinical services, organic/inorganic growth and the translation of those strategies into effective business plans and objectives.
- Navigates relationships at all levels within a complex, relationship-based organization; utilizing direct and indirect influence to improve alignment, management, and performance of assets.
- Oversees development of consistent and actionable reporting that drives incremental improvement in performance and value to the consumer.
- Leads multiple administration and/or business functions and manages relationships with internal and external organizations to ensure the delivery of supporting functions at a level and consistency required by Providence St. Joseph Health.
- Coordinates activities with physicians, third party payors, staff, consumers and others on a regular basis to assure that work flows efficiently and effectively; and key stakeholders are satisfied with performance and services.
- Represents Providence St. Joseph Health, the CAO-Ambulatory Care, and the Ambulatory Network Division to governing boards, senior executives and professional groups both within and outside the organization.
- Leads and develops high-performing teams and serves as a role model, directly supervising and developing talent within the organization and cultivating engagement.
- Maintains and enhances personal expertise through participation in professional organizations and educational experiences.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- The position requires the equivalent of Bachelor's degree in business, health care or a related field. A master's degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Requires a minimum of fifteen (15) years healthcare experience, preferably in roles representing a broad range of experience across virtual, retail, ambulatory, inpatient delivery and health plans.
- Requires a minimum of ten (10) years of experience working as part of a large, multi-product/multi-market, geographically dispersed organization.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience working in collaboration with physicians to achieve demonstrated success in achieving strategic goals is strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of management / operations of ASCs, ideally in multiple setting environment.
- Experience in launching de novo sites and acquiring and integrating existing ASCs into operations
- Ideally will have worked with a national ASC company in some way (either as employee or as ASC partner)