$120K — $225K + benefits, calpers
Alta California Regional Center is searching for its next Executive Director!
Alta California Regional Center (ACRC) is among the largest of California’s regional centers, serving nearly 27,000 individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities within a 10-county region headquartered in Sacramento, the State Capitol. ACRC currently operates with an annual budget in excess of 500 million dollars, employs over 500 full-time employees and also contracts with thousands of individuals and corporate entities. ACRC is a private, non-profit corporation working under contract with the State of California, Department of Developmental Services (DDS), to provide services to persons with developmental disabilities pursuant to the Lanterman Act.
We are searching for a visionary leader and advocate who:
· Thrives in creative collaborative environments;
· Recognizes both challenges and opportunities for change and innovation;
· Continues to strengthen the network of dedicated professionals that ACRC’s 27,000 clients depend upon for critically needed services and supports;
· Is firmly anchored in person-centered thinking and developing inclusive opportunities for individuals served by ACRC;
· Has experience and success in building effective community partnerships; and
· Has familiarity with collective bargaining.
The successful candidate will provide overall leadership for the Regional Center within the framework of existing legislation, state and federal regulations as well as policies and goals established by the Board. This position requires:
· Ten years of increasingly accountable leadership experience in a human services organization.
· A Master’s degree in a relevant field.
Desired qualifications include:
· Experience working in California’s service delivery system for individuals with developmental disabilities.
· Experience working with an engaged Board of Directors and a diverse community.
Although the successful candidate will likely have solid experience in a nonprofit social service environment, consideration will be given to a person from the for-profit or governmental sectors provided they have a demonstrated commitment to working with people with developmental disabilities. Successful experience in constituency, governmental and inter-agency resources management, budgeting and volunteer/board relations is important.
ACRC offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including CalPERS retirement.
Valid through: 6/17/2021