11 - 15 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
Pittsburgh Pipe is a St. Louis based manufacturing and distribution company seeking an Executive Controller to provide financial management and leadership for a company whose sales have grown substantially in the past four years. Consideration will be given to candidates who have at least 10 years of experience as the financial manager of closely held businesses involved in manufacturing and distribution.
The Executive Controller plays a critical role as a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), ensuring cost effectiveness and efficiency in addressing issues related to organization growth and development and delivery of our strategy. He or she will also:
- Prepare timely and accurate financialreports, including the monthly and YTD financial statements and all supporting schedules, for the SMT and its committees.
- Advise SMT members on financial and organizational effectiveness matters, lead and implement the development assessment of risks and the implications of decisions and long-term plans.
- Provide strategic guidance and leadership regarding the policies, processes and systems necessary to manage the organization’s financial administrative operations in an effective and efficient manner.
- Manage all financial operations of the organization including tax, accounting, bank relationships, treasury, cash management, payroll, forecasting, and risk management activities to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Oversee compliance with policies and procedures to ensure best practices.
- Lead team members in development and implementation of annual budget preparations.
- Foster a collaborative working relationship across the organization to ensure effective budget preparation, monitoring of budget variances and linking actual results back to strategic priorities established by the SMT.
- Lead audit preparations and manage the ongoing relationship with the external auditors to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Oversee strategic development and use of IT systems to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
The Successful Applicant Education/Experience:
- Relevant undergraduatedegree in business, finance or accounting required. A CPA designation is also required. An MBA or equivalent advanced professional degree is strongly preferred.
- 10-15years of hands on experience in finance or accounting management, including 5-7 years of in-depth experience in:
- cost accounting
- internal audits
- financial modeling
- preparation of monthly financial statements and all supporting schedules
- lender relations, including loan negotiations and covenant compliance
- management of IT systems
This position absolutely requires an energetic, enthusiastic leader who has high comfort attending to significant amounts of responsibility in a rapid growth environment. You will report to the CEO and President of the company and be a member of the Senior Management Team.
Please send your resume and salary requirements.