Reporting to the Sr. Director of Compensation, the Executive Compensation Manager manages the design, implementation, administration, maintenance, and reporting of executive and equity compensation programs and initiatives. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the annual year-end performance management for executives including merit, bonus, and long-term incentives recommendations
- Develops communication materials and supporting analysis for presentations to the Compensation Committee and senior executives
- Manages the development, implementation, and administration of executive and equity compensation programs, including annual and long-term incentive (LTI) programs. Develops and maintains Peoplesoft HR database, executive job structures, tally sheets, analyses, projections and reporting tools in support of these programs
- Prepares compensation discussion & analysis (CD&A) and the various compensation tables in the annual proxy statement
- Prepares compensation analyses provides guidance related to off-cycle officer compensation adjustments, promotions, new hires and severance agreements.
- Participates in executive compensation salary surveys
- Oversees administration of Board of Director compensation including quarterly and annual retainers, dividend payments and tracking company holdings
- Assists with the review of Forms 3, 4, and 5 as well as partners with Financial Reporting to reconcile and confirm stock-based compensation disclosures in Forms 10-K and 10-Q
- Assists with the design, communication and administration of the ESPP
- Provides non-officer compensation support for an executive officer, which may include a few departments
We are looking for candidates who are analytical, detail orientated and have a sense of urgency. The ideal candidate will have an open and curious mind and is looking for ways to add value to current processes.
A Bachelor's Degree in related field plus 5 – 7 years of Executive Compensation experience. CCP, CECP, CEBS, and CEP certifications preferred.
- Possesses strong knowledge of executive and equity compensation plan design and administration
- Demonstrates analytical skills, high level of attention to detail, and quality assurance of work products
- Effectively manages multiple priorities
- Commits to excellence in service and client relationship management
- Works independently as well as collaborates with HR colleagues, senior management, and business unit leaders
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we're committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, 'AvalonBay's Very Best' recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement.