The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development, communication, marketing, and implementation of Executive Compensation Programs and the management of the company’s Equity and Incentive programs. Responsible for the company’s overall compensation strategy and the global mobility program. The successful candidate will be a leader who can effectively work with and influence senior leadership. He or She will work collaboratively with HR to play a critical role in developing the future direction of global compensation programs.
Lead the compensation function at RR Donnelley with a team of 1 direct report. Includes oversight and management of a Short Term Incentive Compensation Program and management of the Long Term Incentive Compensation Program.
The Short Term Incentive Compensation Program consists of a plan for up to or exceeding 2,000 salaried employees worldwide. The Long Term Incentive Compensation Program is comprised of performance share units, stock options, SARS, restricted stock, restricted stock units and cash.
Core Position Requirements:
- Advise senior leadership on executive compensation and benefit programs, including development of programs, policies and guidelines.
- Develop compensation recommendations and offers for internal and external executive hires, as well as provide salary recommendations for senior roles. Also create employment agreements as needed.
- Manage executive benefit programs to include deferred compensation, perquisites, executive insurance, change-in-control arrangements and executive severance programs.
- Currently oversee the administration of 11 different equity/deferred comp plans both active and frozen.
- Manage all equity grants, vesting, reporting and communications on a global basis.
- Includes audits of vendor system/reports to ensure data integrity and preparing/presenting all equity modeling to senior leadership. Recommend long term compensation vehicles and programs globally to both reward and retain.
- Prepare all information relating to Executive Compensation/NEO’s for 10K, Proxy and SEC filings. This includes working very closely with both internal and external general counsel as well as the Executive Vice President of the Legal Department. Also responsible for the development of the Compensation Discussion & Analysis section of the annual proxy statement.
- Support the HR Committee of the Board of Directors. This includes preparation of all materials as well as presenting materials at the HR Committee meetings.
- Partner with Finance to ensure the liability with regard to the executive compensation programs is calculated correctly and budgeted for properly. Includes consulting with Senior Management regarding domestic and international tax issues.
- Manage all expatriate administration and compensation including drafting Letters of Assignment.
- Advise executives on accounting, tax, legal, legislative and regulatory developments that impact the executive compensation and benefit plans. This requires staying current on all changes/updates pertaining to 162(m), 280G, 409A, ERISA and the Dodd-Frank Act.
- Oversee broad-based compensation strategy, including the annual compensation planning cycles, providing expert guidance on the design, development and administration of executive, corporate, and field compensation programs, salary structures, and base salary adjustments.
- Manage the Global Mobility program.
- Strong leadership capabilities; proven as a dynamic HR business leader
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with otherinternal teams and achieve results through resources outside of direct control
- High learning agility including the ability to deal well and thrive in complexity and ambiguity, to build strong teams to lead change, to solve complex problems resourcefully and creatively, and deliver results
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to lead the business with pace, tenacity, drive and urgency with an action-led, values- driven, results-driven mindset
- Demonstrates the intellectual capability to take on and address complex challenges, with an ability to cut through to the core opportunity or issue and achieve resolution.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills including ability to convey complex concepts in presentation materials and in delivering presentations to all audiences
- Bachelor’s degreerequired, preferably in Business, Math, Finance, Economics or a similar degree
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive Compensation experience; should include Design, Development, and Implementation of Executive, Equity and Incentive programs
- Previous experience preparing materials for the Compensation, Discussion & Analysis (CD&A) section of the proxy
- Superior data analysis skills and demonstrated ability to draw meaningful conclusions and an action plan on the basis of quantitative data, employee survey data, competitive data and anecdotal observations