Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Behavioral Health Payer Channel, the Executive Client Director is responsible for owning and driving the overall relationship with a large Payer client. This role will oversee functional domains (client management, operations, network), and client delivery for the client relationship. The Executive Client Director directly manages Client Service Managers, partners with the Client Executive, and owns dotted line reporting relationships with functional leaders serving the account.
The Executive Client Director will serve as Optum’s main client contact, with accountability for building, maintaining, and expanding relationships with client leadership and key client stakeholders for Optum Behavioral Health solutions.
This role will own the overall strategy for maintaining client satisfaction, establishing client expectations (in accordance with client contracts, agreed upon enhancements), communicating these expectations with functional Optum teams, developing client delivery plans, and ensuring consistent Optum execution that meets or exceeds client expectations.
The Executive Client Director role is entirely dedicated to a client based in Boston, spending at least 60% of the time working onsite. This role will be measured by client retention, growth, Net Promoter Score®, and client reference ability.
- Partners with Client Executive and key business stakeholders to develop and execute strategic client plan that addresses client’s business needs (current and emerging), supports growth, provides measurable value, and increases client engagement / loyalty.
- Establishes, cultivates and manages the customer relationship at multiple levels, (executive suite to solution owners) serving as a trusted business advisor / partner to the client.
- Refines client strategy through continual discussions with client stakeholders, detailed understanding of client context, anticipation of client needs, and holds design sessions with relevant Optum leaders to define solutions and execution plans
- Acts as “ambassador” for Optum at client, advancing Optum’s interests with client stakeholders. Represents and articulates value of Optum solutions to various levels within the client, including executives, decision makers and key influencers
- Drives regular and ad hoc meetings with client stakeholders on operational, network, and clinical performance. Coordinates creation and dissemination of discussion materials.
- Maintains integrated list of client challenges across all functional domains (operations, network, clinical) and proactively keeps Optum leadership abreast of issues
- Supports client growth by participating in key client meetings, sales presentations
- Ensures contract compliance, including negotiation and reporting of performance guarantees. Negotiates contractual agreements, statements of work, serving as liaison with contracting / legal / finance
- Constantly assesses the value our solutions are delivering and leads team members to develop approaches that increase the value we provide and / or increases the impact Optum has on the client’s business.
- Engages cross functional client teams on the delivery of BH services, escalating issues where necessary and driving resolution. Holds functional teams accountable to deliver against client requirements and expectations
- Owns successful client renewal process, identifying expansion / enhancement opportunities, gauging client receptivity, facilitating contracting processes
- Key liaison between client and Optum business leaders (shared responsibility with Client Executive).
- Maintains accurate and current client plan in CRM System (SalesForce.com), including client planning, opportunity management, contact management, current solution footprint, etc.
- Administers Client Loyalty Survey including identification of contacts to be surveyed, pre - survey outreach, post - survey follow - up, driving action plans based on individual and client survey feedback, and ongoing maintenance of information in SalesForce.com and SatMetrix
- Ensures Client Satisfaction and client willingness to serve as a reference
- Undergraduate degree
- 10+ years of experienceworking with senior - level c - suite executives and demonstrating progressively increasing responsibility for strategic client relationship management
- 5+ years of experienceworking with health plans
- Excellent written, oral, and active listening communication skills. Demonstrated ability to message, position, and present information for maximum customer impact and influence
- Strong experience in influencing internally and externally with soft power, driving cross - functional collaboration, and negotiating win - win solutions
- Proven ability to ascertain client needs through active listening skills, and consultatively work with clients to achieve business objectives
- Effective skills for navigating and driving results across operations, network, and clinical domains in a highly complex, matrix environment
- Financial acumen and experience
- Experience working with complex health care solutions (e.g., outsourced health care solutions) required.
- Boston or near Boston - based - On - site client presence 60+% of time
- Relevant advanced degree (e.g., MBA, MHA)
- Background in Behavioral Health services at Optum and / or Behavioral Health background / history
- P&L management experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)