Executive Chef III - Room Service
It is the primary responsibility of the Executive Chef to oversee the daily culinary operations of the restaurant while developing and maintaining the evolution of the food program to the highest quality. Oversight includes maintaining staffing, recipe, inventory and supply management for the kitchen, optimization of profits, and ensuring excellence in guest satisfaction during the dining experience.The Executive Chef inspires, motivates, ensures accountability of the team and supports Company culture. All duties are to be performed in accordance with Food & Beverage Division standards, MGM Resorts, and NoMad policies, practices and procedures as well as restaurant partner brand standards.
- Oversees the daily kitchen operations to ensure overall guest experience meets and exceeds expectations.
- Manages Human Resources responsibilities for assigned department(s) to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning process that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; adherence to the company’s status quo third party representation philosophy; compliance with company policies, legal requirements, employment law, and collective bargaining agreements.
- Manages and monitors fiscal budget, operations of assigned department(s) and marketing strategies to produce both short-term and long-term profitability for the company.
- Responsible for smooth, efficient, cost effective operation of the kitchen to include labor management, food cost management, inventory control and supervision of all aspects of service to avoid over/under production.
- Maintain quality and proper presentation of food by ensuring all orders are accurately handled and expedited.
- Work closely with the Assistant Chef to establish and maintain control of standards for purchasing and receiving product while effectively utilizing company sourcing, purchasing, and cost transfer systems.
- Utilize extensive knowledge on menu development and completion to plan, implement menu design and create suitable dishes with standard recipes in conjunction with the property Executive Chef and Director of Restaurants.
- Ensures compliance with SNHD regulations for sanitation and compliance with all state and federal regulations regarding food and alcoholic beverage service.
- Delegate responsibilities to management to ensure supervision of tasks to completion, correctly and on time.
- Provides input into the research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology and processes to ensure competitive position and in anticipation of changing customer needs within the dynamic hospitality and gaming environment.
- Manages assigned operational functions within the department consistent with the strategic plan and vision for the department and division and property.
- Communicate with chefs, management, employees and guests efficiently with proper reporting and meetings.
- Maintains excellent knowledge of venue’s food & beverage products, menu items and equipment used to perform duties.
- Provides input/makes recommendations to Executive Chef when changes to product offerings, menu redesign, service, and/or staffing is needed.
- Communicates daily with General Manager and Assistant Manager on duty, providing current information on special event orders, large parties and expected VIPs.
- Opens/closes shift, including management of daily logbook and pre-meal team briefing.
- Reviews and completes daily payroll in meeting operational productivity standards.
- Manages the delivery and measurement of guest service within assigned department(s) consistent with the company’s core service standards and brand attributes.
- Manages dining room and kitchen activities to ensure quality production/delivery of product and service.
- Interacts with guests regularly to ensure satisfaction and enjoyment of dining experience.
- Reacts to any guest complaints and takes any appropriate action.
- Oversight of pool kitchen operations and assistant chefs during season.
- Performs all other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Hospitality industry.
- At least 5 years of experience in the hospitality industry.
- At least 2 years of management experience in IRD and or Specialty Restaurant.
- Ability to interpret market and property drivers of volume to accurately forecast business volumes in area(s) of responsibility with previous experience in scheduling and staffing.
- Working knowledge of kitchen equipment.
- Working knowledge of soup, sauce, meat, fish, poultry, casserole and vegetable preparations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Associate’s Degree in Food & Beverage and/or course certification from an accredited Culinary Institute.
- Previous experience managing employees using a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Previous senior management experience in upscale dining.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.