ConvergeOne is building an executive, high performance team within our Cloud and Managed Services businesses. The Executive Business Development Consultant will focus on strategic account development by proactively integrating with the customer's business to uncover and create new opportunities which the field sales and first line management bring forward. Experience and expertise in Enterprise Networking, Data Center, Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) and Contact Center/Customer Experience (CCaS) is critical for us to expanding single practice Cloud and Managed Services engagements into multi discipline Cloud and Managed Services wins.
To be successful in this role we are looking for consultative business development professionals who are great culture fits and have experience in both general management and sales leadership, owning and driving a large sales opportunities, leadership in both direct and matrixed organizations. With consultative experience this individual should have a high comfort level leading through influence -- internally and externally.
The Executive Business Development Consultant will work closely with key members of the Executive Leadership team to delivery field leadership, provide a framework which opens up additional opportunities and creates repeatable winning formulas for success across industry and geographies.
- Leads discussion/consideration of Cloud/MS sales opportunities, focusing on the strategic expansion of ConvergeOne's Cloud services by way of expanding into additional practice(s): Enterprise Networking, Data Center, Security, Unified Communications, and Contact Center
- Understands and implements the highest-leverage activities/messaging towards the pursuit of winning big deals.
- Prepares a market space gap analysis to identify specific potential targets for alliance partnerships.
- Prepares discussions, communications and internal approval materials as needed in support of potential opportunities.
- Assembles and leads due diligence teams to evaluate opportunity and targets, translate findings into early pursuit strategy.
- Partners with Managed Services team to handoff qualified opportunities in order to fulfill customer's desired outcomes.
- Evaluates, designs and deploys "gold standard" account management practices.
- Drives a proactive culture of partnership and customer service.
- Documents, manages and measures your key accounts strategy.
- Proactively communicates with ConvergeOne senior management relative to sales expectations, sales strategy and sales performance growth.
- Builds and engages a team to achieve results based on an understanding of common revenue goals.
- Devotes energy to building collaborative relationships within ConvergeOne's key stakeholders.
- Learns and comprehends ConvergeOne's suite of services.
- Translates strategies to tangible revenue.
- Maintains credibility across the customer C-suite, delivery team and implementation levels.
- Possesses Leadership skills -- both strong written and oral communication skills.
- Displays Multi Practice sales experience: Enterprise Networking, Data Center & Security.
- Displays high comfort with customer interactions and building customer relationships with a strong point of view of what customers want/need.
- Demonstrates experience planning, financial and analytical skills; proven ability to apply these skills with simple business acumen to complex situations with competing priorities.
- Strong multi-level relationship management, persuasion and influencing skills.
- Passion for connecting with customers and differentiating value in the marketplace.
- Undergraduate degree in business, IT, engineering, finance or experience and educational equivalent.
- 10 years' experience as a business development, strategy, or strategic marketing professional with at least 2 years in a consulting environment.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure solutions (collaboration, enterprise networking, data solutions and security products and services) and a strong services orientation.
- Cloud knowledge and applied experience -- private, hybrid and public
- Demonstrated success working in a collaborative team environment.
- Drive for financial results of sales and profitability across short and long term timescales.
- Proven track record leading technology sales pursuits +$10M
- Recognized industry expertise across services and offerings.
- Previous experience as a CIO or VP of IT for a Fortune 1000 company is a plus.
Up to 60%