The Executive Briefing Manager is responsible for the overall success of the customer briefings in Akamai’s Executive Briefing Center in Cambridge, MA. The EB Manager serves as a knowledgeable collaborator committed to creating and executing customer engagements that meet the goals of visiting customers and Akamai’s sales teams to enhance customer relationships, accelerate business growth and ultimately drive strategic business wins. The EB Manager will strategize with sales leaders to align relevant content (sessions and demos) and subject matter experts to ensure the customer’s goals are achieved. Responsibilities include agenda consultation and development; speaker suggestions, scheduling and preparation; facilitation of the briefing; overseeing all details (catering, room set up, etc.) and follow ups post briefing. The EB Manager is a team player, confident and committed to success. The candidate must be a high-quality producer under tight deadlines. The EB Manager thinks strategically, and articulates their rationale using business and technical acumen. The EB Manager executes required operational tasks flawlessly.
The Executive Briefing Manager manages and ensures the success of customer engagements by:
• Collaborating with sales teams in agenda development, meeting flow, and execution of customer and partner briefings.
• Organizing and leading planning and preparation calls.
• Consulting on the best solutions to meet and exceed customer’s objectives.
• Recommending subject matter experts and executives for briefings.
• Coaching speakers and subject matter experts to insure relevant content.
• Collaborating with demo team on appropriate technology examples and demos.
• Manage the execution of all logistics for executive briefings including agendas, badges, name plates, catering, transportation, gifts, evaluations, etc.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Manage annual budget for the Cambridge Briefing Center
• Utilize Customer and Team Feedback to deliver continuous improvement and operational excellence to all aspects of the Briefing Center
• Catering and other vendor negotiations and management
• Measuring and reporting on briefing center success from a sales pipeline perspective and overall event budgeting and expense tracking
• Superior interpersonal skills and experience interfacing with C-level executives
• Evangelizing the value of the Briefing Program and related services to sales account teams and sales leadership, describing the role in the sales cycle and explaining engagement rules.
This individual must execute and continuously enhance an outstanding customer-experience across all levels of the organization. This position plays a crucial role supporting our sales team in their ability to market and sell solutions. The ideal candidate must have a collaborative personality adept at corporate storytelling. By demonstrating their keen attention to the details and focusing on the customer’s objectives, this candidate will be a strong partner to sales in helping to drive business. A passion for customer service as well as the ability to maintain a professional and enthusiastic attitude in a fast-paced environment is a necessity. The ideal candidate will be a team player with a “can do” attitude and a sense of urgency to ensure outstanding customer service for our customers.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years as an Executive Briefing program manager OR in a field sales or marketing role working directly with customer meetings OR in managing executive corporate programs.
• 5+ years client-facing experience preferably in the high-tech industry.
• An understanding of business needs and how technology delivers business results and the ability to articulate these concepts.
• Understanding of Sales and Sales Processes.
• Strong technical background (engineer) with the capability and willingness to learn our solutions portfolio
• Must have ability to interface effectively with executive-level customer audiences.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate business and technical concepts at a high level.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
• Ability to deal with last-minute changes and deadlines while showing grace under pressure.
• Previous experience in sales a plus.
• Strong project management skills.
• Microsoft Office Suite skills required.
• Salesforce experience a plus.
• Experience navigating complex organizations and effectively coordinate work among cross functional teams.
* Is relocation available for this position: No
* Is US Citizenship required: No
* Is a Security Clearance Required: No
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.