Executive Assistant to the Chief Human Resource Officer - Recent HR Graduates

ExlService   •  

New York, NY

Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services


Not Specified years

Posted 173 days ago

This job is no longer available.


Reimagine Your Career....

Recent HR Graduates: Executive Assistant to the Chief Human Resource Officer 


Work with the CHRO.... Are you ready to jumpstart your career in Human Resources? EXL is currently seeking an entry level HR professional to support the Chief Human Resource Officer.  This entry-level position will challenge and excite you every day, as you gain the experience and knowledge to grow in your role as an HR professional. Join our growing HR team and work in a fast-paced, results-oriented company that has a track record of growth.


This is a rotational role initially focused on supporting the Global HR Officer 40% of the time with administrative work (calendar, meetings, travel) and the other 60% focused on supporting key HR projects & initiatives including social media.  The role covers a wide range od responsibilities centered on supporting the CHRO and other senior HR staff with everything from travel management, meeting management, vendor management, project management, material presentations and communications.  The incumbent should be able to act independently, apply judgment and discretion and present a professional approach to internal and external stakeholders.  We expect the successful candidate to be assigned to another functional area within the US Human Resources team after the initial 18 to 24 months.  Candidate will have considerable knowledge of principles and practices of Human Resources, effective oral and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.


Duties & Responsibilities:

40%  Administrative Support

  • Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the EVP & Chief Human Resources Officer and the Head of US HR including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; preparing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
  • Plans, coordinates and ensures the CHRO's schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role.
  • Supports all travel needs (domestic & international) by booking, supporting and changing travelschedules as necessary (visas included).
  • Collects and prepares information on behalf of the CHRO for Board members, clients, Executive staff and outside individuals on matters relating to CHRO's initiatives.
  • Helps plan, coordinate and execute company-wide employee events.

60%  Supporting HR projects / initiatives including social media

  • Assists with production of presentations including PowerPoint and Excel formats by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
  • Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CHRO's office and internal departments; maintain credibility, confidentiality, trust and support with senior management staff.
  • Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
  • Social Media (channel) experience; candidate should be a storyteller, a tribe-builder, someone who knows how to connect with people in a real and genuine way both online and in person.
  • Work to maximize performance of campaigns across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google Plus and other emerging social platforms on behalf of the CHRO.
  • Analytical in nature; needs to provide detailed reporting and insights during and at the completion of each campaign.
  • Monitors Social Media trends, tools and applications, and applies knowledge to increasing CHRO’s use of social media
  • Experience in managing multiple projects/priorities


Qualifications & Experience:

  • Analytical with a comfort in dealing with numbers and reporting
  • Proficient in Microsoft Office systems, specifically in Excel
  • Proven experience as a Social Media guru; expertise in multiple social media platforms
  • Ability to brainstorm and develop creative content (text, image and video)
  • Ability to gasp future trends in digital technologies and an ability to proactively engage them
  • Excellent communication skills and exceptional writing skills
  • Multitasking and analytical skills
  • Energetic, resourceful, positive attitude and a passion for learning
  • Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities effectively with minimal supervision
  • Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines
  • Ability to determine potential solutions to problems/issues and works to resolve
  • Strong attention to detail and follow up
  • Bachelordegree in Human Resources required, Masters preferred

ID 2018-5607