• Manages the day-to-day business activities of the executive. Coordinates complex executive calendar schedule(s) by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel plans. Exercises independent discretion and judgment to arrange meetings, conferences, and travel as well as select appropriate staff members to represent the organization at meetings and conferences.
• Frequently manages and resolves a wide variety of situations and conflicts involving the clerical and administrative functions of the office.
• Receives, interprets and evaluates the level of significance of information requests, takes appropriate responsive action, and determines when the executive or other staff should be notified or involved. In the executive’s absence, ensures that requests for action or information are distributed to the appropriate staff member.
• Reads, researches, and routes correspondence; drafts letters, telecommunications and documents; and collects and analyzes information without significant oversight or instruction.
• Independently composes, responds and signs correspondence on behalf of executive as needed. Maintains current knowledge and understanding of technical matters, business strategy, and the executive’s views and philosophy.
• Exercises discretion and judgment to ensure applicable private/proprietary business information, data, transactions and correspondences are kept confidential.
• Coordinates projects, conducts research, compiles data, and prepares information for consideration and presentation to and by executives, committees and board members.
• Reviews and analyzes operating practices and procedures and determines whether improvements can be made in workflow, reporting procedures, or expenditures. Creates and prepares reports including conclusions and recommendations for solutions of operational and administrative issues.
• Manages department projects from inception to completion and ensures all relevant deadlines are met.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 10 years advanced administrative support experience at a progressively responsible level required, including management of projects (required).
• Bachelor's Degree.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in supporting C Suite executives.
• Intermediate level experience and proven ability with Microsoft Office; including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity emplo