About the Job
Performs a variety of technical and complex administrative duties for the President of Genie. Coordinates all support services for an executive office.
- Performs technical and complex administrative duties involving the use of independent judgment and an in-depth understanding of company functions and procedures.
- Performs administrative support to special projects and processes such as advisory board and interest group meetings.
- Prepares documents from rough drafts or verbal instructions using a variety of materials such as letters, memoranda, reports and statistical data. Independently composes original correspondence and forms on routine department matters.
- Receives telephone calls, interviewing callers for purpose, handling routine matters independently, providing information as appropriate, or routing calls to executives as necessary.
- Arranges management meetings as directed. Prepares schedules and informs participants, confirming dates and times. Makes hotel and travel reservations as directed.
- Attends meetings as assigned. Records, and distributes minutes as directed. May attend meetings acting on behalf of the executive.
- Performs special projects as assigned. Conducts research of external libraries (internet), business transactions and operating data, employee demographics, industry statistics and trends, etc., to compile reports for executives.
- As assigned, receives, handles and stores confidential information pertaining to the company’s operations and/or team members. Maintains confidentiality.
- Maintains budget or other financial records and files for the executive. Independently assembles some or all of the performance and budget information for reporting to advisory boards or external agencies.
- May provide guidance and assign work to team members in other departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
- Associate’s degree
- 5 years of administrative experience, with 2 years serving at the senior executive level
- Experience working in entire Microsoft suite
- Bachelor’s degree
- The ability to plan, organize and prioritize work in order to meet schedules and timelines
- The ability to analyze situations and accurately and adopt an effective course of action
- The ability to communicate with team members, customers, and external agents using diplomacy, and courtesy, and in a manner that reflects positively on Genie
- The ability to preserve confidential data
- the ability to work with the entire Microsoft office suite of products, accounting information, compile statistical data, organize activities for an advisory board, provide informal leadership, and handle confidential and/or sensitive information