The Executive Assistant role provides dedicated support to a C-Level Executive and performs a number of administrative duties. This position requires experience in executive support, exceptional attention to detail and a keen ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment with constantly evolving priorities. This individual must be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies, as well as senior executive management teams on all matters relating to the office.
The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communications, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
The individual must be highly self-motivated, professional, able to maintain a collaborative relationship with internal and external clients, as well as able to manage their own work load and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced corporate environment.
This position will support the Chief Financial Officer and Director of Investor Relations. The Executive Assistant reports to the Central Region Operations Business Partner.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support to the Executive with a focus on increasing the efficiency and effectiveness.
- Well-versed in writing/editing draft correspondences, announcements or presentations, ensuring grammar, spelling and formatting/visual design are perfect
- Schedules and prioritizes appointments, ensuring meetings, deadlines, presentations and other duties of the Executive office are carried out seamlessly
- Arranges complex travel arrangements (both domestic and international), coordinating flights, accommodations and other itinerary specifics.
- Effectively prepares weekly time and expense reports as required; follows policies and procedures, resolves auditor inquiries and engagement code reclassifications, as well as assists with Amex expense reconciliation
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Executive’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership and maturity to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff
- Communicates directly and effectively on behalf of the office, with staff and others, on matters related to Executive’s programmatic initiatives
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in all relationships with internal and external clients.
- Works closely and effectively with the Executive to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the Executive updated.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Executive, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature; determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response and at times may also be requested to compile research or final recommendations into a concise and usable format for the Executive to review
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, all staff meetings
- Manages a variety of special projects and assignments as directed by the Executive.
- Provides ongoing administrative support to the Investor Relations team.
- Runs daily, weekly, and monthly data reports from CRM tool and similar systems as needed
- Assists with carrying out the daily workflow involved with maintaining data input
- Investor record creation, meeting note logging and on-going contact and investor information updates
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Strong work tenure: 10+ years of administrative experience; with 2+ years supporting a C-Suite Executive or equivalent a “plus”
- High proficiency with MS Office (Word, Outlook-specifically calendar management, Excel, PowerPoint)
Skills and Attributes for Success:
- Very effective communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Very strong/mature interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders, including staff, and other senior leaders of the company
- Highly polished and professional demeanor in dealing with all situations;
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Strong sense of initiative and work with urgency
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with competing demands
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and reprioritize tasks in response to unexpected changes in priorities/requests.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to multi-task and be extremely effective working independently and with little or no direction
- Will embrace our customer-focused, action-oriented, results-driven culture.
- Proven ability to act with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality;
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision-making competence
- Given the hands-on nature of this job, regular, on time attendance in the office is critical
- Communicate frequently with co-workers as well as with managers to discern their needs, and be able to express themselves
- Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment to coordinate work
- Usually remains stationary for the majority of the day
- Frequently communicates with clients and coworkers and must be able to share information effectively
- Generally works in an office environment