The Executive Assistant will report directly tothe Chief Financial Officer and will support him/her as well as the otherexecutives in the New York office including, but not limited to the Chief ExecutiveOfficer, Chief Marketing Office, and Chief Legal Officer. This individual will assist allexecutives in all areas of office and administrative support. Thisincludes ensuring a sound understanding of the organizations objectives and theexecutive’s shifting priorities in order to best manage and optimizeeffectiveness of each’s schedules and priorities. He/She will also provide advancedadministrative support with exceptional care and under tight deadlines and willbe expected to deal with highly confidential material. This person will need the ability tomulti-task, prioritize and organize assignments while working under pressureand be able to take initiative and work independently as well as be aneffective team player. The Executive Assistant will be expected provide effectiveand professional correspondence on behalf of the executives over the phone, inperson, and through e-mail and will need to closely partner with the ExecutiveAssistants in the Chicago Office to ensure seamless and continual support asboth executives travel between offices.
- Maintains clear and regular communication with both executives to ensure understanding of their shifting priorities in order to effectively support and prioritize work.
- Manages multiple sources of communication and responds on the behalf of the executives with all levels of internal staff and external contacts with clear and professional communication.
- Manages the active schedules of each executive and ensures both are well informed on upcoming commitments and responsibilities and follows up appropriately.
- Complies appropriate information or data and prepares reports and other documents as requested.
- Maintains strict level of confidentiality of all sensitive correspondence, data, and other information.
- Partners with Executive Assistants in Chicago to ensure seamless and continual support of all executives as they travel between offices.
- Coordinates travel itineraries as well as meetings, trainings, and otherevents and completes expense reports
- Initiate projects to improve efficiency of support of both executives and ensure ability to re-prioritize and manage last minute requests and short deadlines with workload.
- Maintains inventory and orders general office supplies as needed.
- Supports executives with preparation of material for the Board and all other projects.
- Provides administrative support other National staff in the New York office.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Analytical:Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Usesintuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- ProblemSolving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers andanalyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well ingroup problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotionaltopics.
- Dependability:Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibilityfor own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work whennecessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriateperson with an alternate plan.
- Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treatsothers with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position;Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Detail minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness;monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail whilemultitasking.
- CustomerService: Prioritizes internal andexternal interactions and responds appropriately.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasivelycommunicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, writeclearly and informatively.
- Initiative - Demonstrateability to work independently and as part of a team; exhibit sound and accuratejudgment, including prioritization and time management skills. Able to providesupport to multiple team members simultaneously.
- Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changingwork environment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events.Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- Bachelor’s Degreepreferred or appropriate experience.
- Must have 10 + years’ experience with supporting multiple staff and/or experience supporting a senior-level executive.
- Successful track record in strategic work flow and office management.
- Advanced level experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Access.
- Ability to communicate in a consistent, proactive and inclusive manner.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, complex, fast-paced organization with strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding oral and written communication and organizational skills.