Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
We have an immediate opening for an Executive Assistant to support the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in our Madison office. The top candidate will be self- motivated, well-organized and maintain trust with all levels of the team. As a member of our team, you will also have the opportunity to contribute to some of the most important activities in our department.
- Provide high-level administrative support to the CFO as well as other Directors as assigned on their teams.
- Contact and respond to emails and phone calls on behalf of the CFO.
- Ensure requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate person for response.
- Compose correspondence from minimal to no notation; create memos, letters, charts, graphs, presentations; other support activities requiring the ability to take the initiative.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information on a regular basis with discretion.
- Assist with management and special projects.
- Manage calendars and appointments using Microsoft Outlook.
- Coordinate and plantravel logistics.
- In the CFO absence, ensure requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff person for response.
- Maintains paper-based and electronic files.
- Manage various aspects of meeting logistics (scheduling, location, location set-up, catering).
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum ten (10) years of senior-level administrative or executive administrative supportexperience in a professional environment.
- The ideal candidate will be able to maintain structure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to provide exceptional client service and exhibit a sense of urgency, commitment to quality and the timely completion of duties.
- Demonstrated level of technical proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Skills (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) at the Advanced Level.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment and with all levels.
- Excellent written/verbal communications and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrate integrity within a professional environment.
- Professional demeanor and ability to handle matters confidentially.
- The ability to work overtime as needed.
- Keen sense of accuracy and attention to detail and ability to follow directions/procedures required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds, stand or sit for extended period of time.