Executive Assistant - Human Resources
The Executive Assistant, Human Resources, is responsible for providing executive-level administrative support for the Chief Human Resources Officer such as scheduling, supporting meetings, managing expenses and complex domestic and international travel. The position also provides project support to the Head, Employee Relations and the Head, Organizational Effectiveness. In addition, the position may serve as the liaison between the CHRO and other departments, all employees, and the Board of Governors. This position is responsible for and will be held accountable for handling highly confidential matters and materials with discretion. The successful individual in this role will demonstrate a high level of professionalism and leadership, initiative, strong project management skills, the ability to multitask, and the ability to anticipate the needs of their clients.
The position will be headquartered in Charlottesville, VA and willreportto the Managing Director, Chief Human Resources Officer.
Accountable for managing and executing the day-to-day functions and activities of the CHRO and provide administrative support to the HR Leadership team, including but not limited to:
- Meet consistently with CHRO to review calendar and activities; ensure materials for meetings are received on a timely basis and are relevant, complete, and accurate
- Coordinate complex scheduling and extensive calendar management as well as management of content and flow of information
- Accountable for managing, coordinating, and arrangingtravel andtravelrelated activities including:
- Prepare and provide CHRO with daily itineraries and related materials
- Coordinate extensive international and domestic travel Book hotels, arrange transportation, and coordinate meals (i.e., door-to-door logistics)
- Plan and schedule meetings, conferences, teleconferences including food and beverages
- Complete expense reports and reconciliations and confirm payments
- Secure visa or other necessary travel documentation
- Initiate telecommunications and oversee logistics for conference calls and videoconferences
- Ensure all documents and materials submitted to or produced by the CHRO are high quality, error-free, and aligned to organization standards
- Coordinate HR team meetings and schedule one-on-one meetings between CHRO and HR team members.
- Provide project coordination support for the Head, Employee Relations and the Head, Organizational Effectiveness.
- Ensure all projects are completed timely and are thorough and represent the high quality standards of the department.
- Maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality with all materials, and exercise discretion when interfacing with the business
- Maintain budget documents and prepare department purchase requisitions and vendor invoices
- Order and maintain office supplies
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- 10-12+ years of related experience in executive administrative support, including working with senior staff, managing multi-city and international travel, and working in a professional office environment
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a professional and diplomatic demeanor
- Attention to detail is a must
- Significant professional-level experience in a multinational environment in handling diverse, complex, and sensitive organizational issues preferred
- Fluency in English required
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, listening, and presentation
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in all MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook required
- Knowledge of Concur and database management preferred
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters and materials with discretion and a high degree of professionalism required
- Must demonstrate maturity, tact and diplomacy in interactions with colleagues, stakeholders, board members and other constituents
- Confident and decisive in stressful situations and tight timeframes
- Very high level of organizational and time management skills required
- Creative problem-solver; good judgment and analytical skills; political savvy
- Willingness to ask questions rather than just follow directions is required
- Demonstrated ability to deliver consistent, reliable, accurate results
- Highly organized, capable of handling multiple projects and sensitive and/or important issues simultaneously
- Must be self-directed, demonstrate a high level of initiative, able to work independently, demonstrate an impressive work ethic, have a strong personal presentation, and anticipate needs
- Completion of CFA Institute Investment Foundations program is preferred; persons not holding the designation will be encouraged to attain it during the first year in the position
- Flexibility in competently juggling competing priorities and changing expectations
- Must demonstrate outstanding judgment and mature business skills with the ability to establish a strong rapport with senior management
- Full time in the office
- Energy to put in the hours of concentrated work necessary to achieve goals while maintaining a positive attitude
- There are no travel requirements
CULTURAL ELEMENTS AND GLOBAL COMPETENCIES
- Global Perspective – Understands business on a global scale, understands differences in people and cultures, and is effective across varied conditions.
- Agility– Responds quickly to opportunities, is flexible, and effectively embraces change.
- Effective Communication– Communicates clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings and styles, listens, and presents a professional image.
- Stakeholder Focus– Identifies and understands stakeholders and their needs, acts with their interest in mind, and gains their trust and engagement.
This job description is a summary of job requirements and duties and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all areas of responsibility.
Applicants for positions located in the U.S. pleaseclick here for Federal Labor Law postings.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, religion or belief, age, marital or partnership status, family status, pregnancy and maternity, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender reassignment, predisposing genetic characteristic, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.