We are looking for an executive administrative assistant to serve as departmental coordinator to the global IT Risk & Security organization. In this role, you will plan and direct administrative activities for the Global Head of IT Risk & Security across all six regional operational groups in the US, Canada, UK, Munich, Singapore and Sydney, and support seven other senior leaders in each of the locations. The role will plan and coordinate annual, regular, and ad-hoc activities such as global divisional meetings, global senior leadership team meetings, annual compensation reviews, strategic plan reviews and performance processes, and other projects as assigned. This position provides an opportunity to gain a comprehensive overview of Global IT and collaborate internationally to support execution of the global RISENext Cyber Security strategy while also contributing to the achievement of IT Risk & Security global strategic goals and objectives.
As Executive Assistant & Global Departmental Coordinator, you will be responsible for the following:
- Plan, coordinate and ensure ITRS ML2’s schedule is managed globally, work closely with the ML2 to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and assist with preparation of materials and meeting logistics. Book and confirm meeting times, participants, and locations; build prep time, work time, and follow-up time into ML2’s calendar to effectively manage top global program priorities.
- Manage and organize the ML2’s email. Work closely with the ML2 to help prioritize the the evolving list of global responsibilities and business requests against organization-wide goals and deadlines.
- Regularly communicate directly and on behalf of the ML2, in a highly professional manner, with IT leadership, board members, business senior leadership team members, external clients, and others.
- Provide expert-level assistance to create and enhance electronic (i.e. PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat) materials which align to and support the ITRS global program strategy in conjunction with the ITRS Strategy & Planning team. The recipients of these presentations will be local, regional and global executive leadership and board members including various Risk Committees.
- Prioritize strategic topics and set weekly agendas for the ITRS Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and ITRS Quarterly Management Team meetings with the ITRS Strategy & Planning team; gather action items and ensure the accomplishment of goals and objectives through regular reporting.
- Provide administrative support to the ML2, Global Head of IT Risk & Security and other ITRS senior leaders (as necessary), including calendar maintenance, scheduling global meetings, phone coverage, travel arrangements and expense submissions.
- Arrange all ML2 travel including flights, lodging, and ground transportation and provide local on-site coordination and support for major departmental meetings in the respective international locations.
- Manage, reconcile, and submit expense reports for the ITRS ML2 according to financial deadlines. Support other ITRS senior leaders and coordinate for other IT towers, as necessary.
- Act as lead administrative coordinator for all global ITRS personnel, ensure coverage and backups are in place where necessary for all ITRS towers, ensure that common administrative practices are in place for each SSO and globally. Act as a central point of contact for items that need to be escalated to/addressed by the team or the ML2 as part of weekly global senior leadership team (SLT) meetings.
- Understanding the current priorities of the global ITRS department, plan and coordinate meetings. Lead the information gathering process and coordinate with the ITRS Leadership Team as necessary for the creation of division reports for local, regional and global executive leadership.
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of annual commitments for ITRS with the ITRS Strategy & Planning team. Coordinate the commitment setting process for members of the Global ITRS Senior Leadership Team by SSO.
- Approve expenses up to designated authority on behalf of the ML2.
- Communicate meeting notes, accomplishments, and action items to various stakeholders. Track deliverables and communicate progress to ensure a common understanding and expectations.
- Lead special projects as requested by ITRS ML3, assisting in the coordination of timelines and follow-up for departmental projects in conjunction with assigned global project team members.
- Provide oversight for the ITRS SSO offices (US, Canada, UK, Munich, Singapore and Sydney), including managing and maintaining office space, maintaining supplies, on-site event planning, welcoming visitors, clients and other guests. May require periodic travel and ongoing coordination to ensure office space is managed and events are effectively managed.
Successful candidates will possess the following skills/capabilities:
- 8+ years of relevant senior executive administrative experience
- Basic insurance and risk/security department operations knowledge preferred
- Experience in global departmental coordination and international entity collaboration
- Advanced level experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365, Concur and Procurement Systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in international coordination (10% travel estimated)
- Proven project management and organizational skills. Ability to execute global projects from concept to completion with minimal direction
- Ability to work under pressure and handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion
- Ability to analyze evolving situations, determine appropriate actions and follow through to mitigate risk
- Must be able to make decisions using sound judgment and covering a variety of situations
- Responsive to internal/external customers at all levels of the organization is required
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change quickly, including frequent multitasking and reprioritization of work
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with internal and external clients